700+ Naked Amps TonePack by AustinBuddy Available NOW!

When will these be available for the III? :D

(Sorry, couldn't help myself...)

I'm starting to work on it this weekend. These may take some time because we have sooooo many new cool factory cabs to see if I can improve on the Axe-Fx and Ax8 versions. I'll probably start with legacy cabs but then add some options in.

With the preset architect of the Axe III, using 4 channels per amp and cab and 2 amp and cab blocks, for many presets there will be as many 8 scenes of Naked Amps in various stages of clean to gainy. It's going to take awhile to do it right. I';m probably going to cut the low end of the cab block a little higher too unless a metal type amp.

I'm starting to work on it this weekend. These may take some time because we have sooooo many new cool factory cabs to see if I can improve on the Axe-Fx and Ax8 versions. I'll probably start with legacy cabs but then add some options in.

With the preset architect of the Axe III, using 4 channels per amp and cab and 2 amp and cab blocks, for many presets there will be as many 8 scenes of Naked Amps in various stages of clean to gainy. It's going to take awhile to do it right. I';m probably going to cut the low end of the cab block a little higher too unless a metal type amp.

Well I for one, will gladly buy again when they’re all baked out and tasty, my compliments to the chef for the last offering. :)

I'm starting to work on it this weekend. These may take some time because we have sooooo many new cool factory cabs to see if I can improve on the Axe-Fx and Ax8 versions.
Buddy, you've got your work cut out for you. "Hmmm... which of these two thousand cabs goes best with channel C of the Hogworth IV amp?..." :)

Here is a soundclip of the PLEXI 100W JUMPED from Buddy's 700 naked amps. Sounds great with factory ir actualy, but I'm a ir freak and always change ir's in any preset. This is with the OH MRBW Cab Pack and I use always in the cab block the "Null" mic position and Proximity roughly on 1.00.

Here is a soundclip of the PLEXI 100W JUMPED from Buddy's 700 naked amps. Sounds great with factory ir actualy, but I'm a ir freak and always change ir's in any preset. This is with the OH MRBW Cab Pack and I use always in the cab block the "Null" mic position and Proximity roughly on 1.00.

Chewy!

Usually I find that shared presets do not translate very well to my setup, but that is not the case with Austin Buddy's Naked Amps. This is a great set of sounds! I bought them because somewhere between 8.3 and 9.04 my presets lost a little vibrancy. I figured there might be some in this pack that would be good references to get them back. They are all good, even on 9.04 without adjustment. I will be replacing the amp, cab and drive blocks with a lot of these. Thanks for a great product, Austin Buddy!

Waiting for a firmware Q10 or something like that, before will look at doing any updates.... so far have done one per firmware X version.. (8.02, 9.02)... because you know the second I would put out 9.04 Cliff will release a new one everyone will want (and all that time doing 9.04 will be wasted!). I actually prefer 8.02 and 9.02 to 9.04 myself as well, the mids seem better/more detailed to me.

Mostly spending time working on Axe III version now. Ares is different than Quantum...better string definition....having to adjust some things...but also adding some new amp presets too... it will be more than 700 tones in Axe III version, because the 8 scenes that can be named that allow up to 8 amps per preset is way cool. I'm adding new tones with amps like Diezel, Triaxis, JMP, Tweeds, and others...

@austinbuddy on some of the amp and cabs you have selected "normal res" in the cab block - is this deliberate and if so, why not use Ultra Res by default please ?

Good question. Because the Factory Cab IR selected is not an Ultra res IR, that IR was made before Ultra Res was invented by Cliff. You can tell because the IR name is NOT in italics.

So the IR does not have the information in it’s file needed to do what the Ultra-Res Cab selection does, which is mainly more detailed bass response.

Hey everyone: For those of you who really want to use 9.04 firmware with the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, based on lots of testing and also using ARES on a III, here is what I recommend you do for your Ax8 or Axe-FX

1. Install the 9.04 firmware.

2. Use the 9.02 700+Naked Amps TonePack version and install it.

3. For any Class-A amps (amps with negative feedback, these will show a "zero" value on the amp page - like Vox, Morgans, Matchless, some Dr. Zs, etc.) those are fine. Leave them alone - they are good to go as is.

4. Play the other presets. If you like what you hear, then you are good to go.

5. But if you are like me, you may want a little more definition in the upper mids. Rather than using Bass/Middle/Treble, I've found there are two ways to get that extra upper mid lift that was present in 8.02 I love so much but isn't there when running 9.04 with the presets.

You can either

A) go into an amp block and add 0.50 to 1db at the 4Khz area - that will give you the missing presence.

OR

B) go into the negative feedback parameter in the amp block for each amp (X/Y) you want to brighten, and add at least "1 to 2" to the value there (to taste). For example, if the amp negative feedback is set to 2.5, try a value 3.5 and see if you like that better. The higher the number, the brighter the amp will get.

Most people like the TonePack just as they are, but on 9.04, the non-Class-A amps they are a little darker than dialed in originally under 8.02 -- unless you do the above. Just some tips.

Also, an update: I'm focused on creating an expanded TonePack version for the Axe-III that is already approaching 1000+ distinct tones! It will contain every sound in the current TonePack -- but adds a lot more and expands on some classic and modern amps. So every amp will have at least two tones still, but some will have as many as 12 shades of tones.

Because I have to match using the 2048 new factory cabs (I still use Legacy ones too that sound great), this one is taking some time to complete but as of now, I expect it will become available sometime in June. The AxeIII-Editor being built out is an essential part on getting the product done properly, and that is coming along nicely by Fractal. Have to say I am LOVING the Axe-III -- so much power, naming of scenes is extremely helpful for TonePack stuff, and it sounds amazing! Cheers!

Hi everyone. Installed the new Axe-FX firmware version 10.01 on my XL and for past many days have been going through the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack making adjustments and leveling presets to the new firmware. It sounds great!

I'm making multiple further tweaks to the new version. including using the Cab Block to cut lows and Hi's more than I did in prior version, and some slight changes to EQ here and there, and the level is a bit hotter in 10.x by about 1db on average compared to 8.02, but that's much of it.

As I go, am A/B'ing to the original 8.02 presets -- to make sure the tones are as close as possible to original design in level, sound, and feel. Due to the 10.01 firmware change itself, you will hear a little more bottom end, certain mids presence, and better string definition. Maybe one way to say it is 10.01 is more modern EQ, and 8.02 is a little more vintage EQ, but the difference is subtle.

Finished Bank 1 (Vintage & Boutique) last weekend, working on Bank 2 (Modern Amps) now. Hoping to get it all done by this Saturday night.

The Plan: once the XL/XL+ 10.01 version is done, will attach it to the account downloads area for after you log into AustinBuddy.com and you will be able to see and download it there, along side 9.02 and 8.02.

If you have NOT created a login account at my website store, please do so ASAP. Initially you won't see your past orders, but there is a way to go back in and manually attach new logins to prior orders -- so you will have access to any updates moving forward and see all versions. If you are a guest though, you won't have access - so for updates, it becomes mandatory.

Next, once XL update versions done, will use FracTool to convert into a Mark II compatible version. Then I have to go in and manually change about 1 in 7 cabs that are in use for the XL (above #133) not available on the Mark II. After those substitutes are made, will add that version to the store.

Now, you probably didn't want all those details. But this is why it takes so long (and why I waited for 10.01 instead of doing 9.04 from 9.02) -- I literally have to audition 700+ sounds, side-by-side, and make adjustments to get them as close as possible. It's not a batch processor, and I have to give my ears and occasional rest/prevent fatigue. And -- I have to resist the urge to play each preset amp tone more than a few minutes! :)

I'll post here when the XL and later the Mark II downloads are ready. There is NO CHARGE for this update to existing customers. I'm going to be out of pocket for 9 days at months' end away from my gear, so my goal is to get both of these updates out by middle of next week, else it will have to be early June.

Patience -- yours is appreciated, and I promise you, it will be rewarded! Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Hi everyone:

Completed a full 10.01 update for the Axe-Fx XL and XL+ and it is now attached to past orders in your account. If you login you should see it available for download to you, if you bought an XL or XL+ 700+ Naked Amps TonePack in the past. There are some changes and improvements to this version. The Cleans-Only presets have been re-worked and re-leveled for example.

I will work on getting a version out for Mark II users soon (hopefully by Tuesday night, but if not by then, it will be first week of June - off on vacation soon away from my machines). The Axe-FX XL models (and AX8) have cabs that go up to 189, but the Mark II only has 132 Factory Cabs. Just need to go manually through and substitute 110 specific cabs for the Mark II version that can't use the choices I made for the XL/XL+ and AX8 version. Roughly that's swapping out 1 in 7 cabs. Also need to update the preset and cab list for Mark II as well.

As of this day, Cliff has not yet released a Quantum 10.01 for the AX8, but I do expect him to anytime. Once he does, I will tackle creating an update for that unit and make it available.

This update is FREE to anyone who previously bought a TonePack. If you buy it today, you will get access to the above updates when available. You just have to create and account and login, it will be in your downloads area when I finish making all three of them.

I have a blog post on my website about theTonePack changes in Q10.01 -- it's here if you have an interest. Cheers!

WooC  XL+.jpg

Back
Top Bottom