7 String Study Resources

Genghis

Power User
Hi gang. I recently picked up a 7 string and I'm looking for some decent study resources. I have something with chord voicings and scales; a little dry, but useful resource.

Looking for books, videos, web sites, etc. that may be a little more fun to follow, something that will maybe show chords in the context of progressions or songs to learn.

My main styles are rock and metal, but would like to learn a bit more jazz-type stuff as well if anyone has suggestions.

I should add, not a beginner, so I'm looking for intermediate/advanced stuff with a focus on 7 string.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be rude here, but I don't think I grasp what you are asking. Theory is theory and relevant whether you have 1 string or 10.
I IV V progression in key of A is always A, D, E. Doesn't matter if that A is the low string on a 7 string, or the 2nd string on a conventional 6 string. Chords are built the same way, you just have more options now in the low register.

Good point actually. Since posting I've knuckled down and started working on adding the lower notes to some scale patterns, learning some new fingerings, etc. Also started writing out a few progressions and looking up a few of the chord voicings that use the low B. I guess I was looking for something that already had what I'm doing now, kind of a one-step at a time type of thing, but now that I'm getting into it I'm already opening up to a few new ideas instead of playing the same type of thing over and again.

Back
Top Bottom