• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

7 String Classical Guitar

don_joe

Experienced
I'm thinking about buying a 7 string classical guitar. I got so used to 7 strings that I sometimes miss this extra string when I occasionally play a classical guitar. Since I have a 7 string electric guitar, I've moved the action a lot toward this additional B string and I'm not talking only about chugging but all the chords and the melodies. I even can't play my latest compositions on the classical guitar any longer without stopping and thinking about how to transpose the chords I'm usually playing from the B string.

Does anyone here own or have experience with a 7 string classical? Which one and how is it like to play it, compared to an electric 7 string and compared to a 6 string classic or acoustic? Thanks.

don_joe

Experienced
Sorry, I realized that I've posted this in the wrong forum, it should be under "Guitars". If someone could just easy move it there, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I’m interested to know what you end up with. I’ve been on a Chopin kick lately and an extra string would open up a lot of possibilities.

Top Bottom