7.0 will find you a new amp love

Hhuent

Experienced
I´ms so happy with thisI need to create an extra thread.

Today I had the chance to play two hours with 7.0. Played a tele through a 10" Xitone open back. First I reset after new firmware, then I went to the facory presets just like strolling down a street and see what happens. Before I started playing, a few touches: Cab high cut around 5.5 k, low cut around 80 hz, bright switch off, drive a little down, level a little up - I´m a fender guy, checked some fender presets and for the first time I thought: Home at last! I randomly switched to other presets with amps that shouldn´t be in my ballpark. Good god I found several amps I did not care for so much in the past. Some of them as good as a new love.

For the first time ita was like: Yeah, I understand the character of this and that amp. And I never had a better feeling about the pick in my hands.
After that I decided to sell off some nice tube amps like an AST Swart, a port city and maybe an old 60s ampeg. I´m spoilt.

Can it get any better with a future firmware? Let me drop this beautiful german sentence :
Verweile doch Du bist so schön! (Goethes Faust)

I´ms so happy with thisI need to create an extra thread.

Today I had the chance to play two hours with 7.0. Played a tele through a 10" Xitone open back. First I reset after new firmware, then I went to the facory presets just like strolling down a street and see what happens. Before I started playing, a few touches: Cab high cut around 5.5 k, low cut around 80 hz, bright switch off, drive a little down, level a little up - I´m a fender guy, checked some fender presets and for the first time I thought: Home at last! I randomly switched to other presets with amps that shouldn´t be in my ballpark. Good god I found several amps I did not care for so much in the past. Some of them as good as a new love.

For the first time ita was like: Yeah, I understand the character of this and that amp. And I never had a better feeling about the pick in my hands.
After that I decided to sell off some nice tube amps like an AST Swart, a port city and maybe an old 60s ampeg. I´m spoilt.

Can it get any better with a future firmware? Let me drop this beautiful german sentence :
Verweile doch Du bist so schön! (Goethes Faust)
I never bonded with most Fenders in the Axe Fx until the FW7 beta. Now I have a whole new world to explore as I'm really enjoying them!

Awright Cliff, let´s fix this first ;-) :
You meant: Wo ist die Bücherei?
I meant: Please stay, thou art so beautiful!
However: 7.0 is a fine piece of art that can be understood in every part of the world. Just check the location of so many fractalites and fractonians here.

If my memory serves me right, someone here once started a thread saying more or less: amps don´t make that much of a difference in sound, it is rather the cab that does. After 7.0 I beg to disagree...

Thanks for the post. Looks like I need to revisit some amps !

I love that the new AX8-edit firmware lets me scroll up and down selected block models , with the F switches now. Auditioning models/amps/IR's..... couldn't be easier.
( Oops , sorry , my bad - that was a dream ) otherwise this pedal IS a dream.

Three years of German and no idea what that means. And after three years of German all I can say is "Donde esta la biblioteca?" o_O

Languages somehow got mixed together in my jumbled warehouse of memory: I'll start a sentence in Italian, forget the words and automatically finish it in Spanish - or even more awkwardly; Russian - it would be embarrassing except it gets a good laugh. If English isn't on offer: I'm better off sticking with scales and modes: those always translate.

I may have found an unexpected new love in 7

I was asked buy a friend and potential AX8 owner if I could record a clip with the rockerverb. He uses Orange amps, but he is looking to go the modelling way. He tried Helix and was not convinced. I have never tried that model before. I have never been into Orange amps. He gave me a clip, he recorded using his Orange TH30 (which has EL84 tubes), so I pulled out the RV50 model, switched to EL84 tubes, dialled a lo-gain sound on X, a High gain sound on Y and loaded my favourite CabIR Marshall ModeFour and Orange G12H30 4x12 Cab IRs. 4 different sounds recorded in one take (Lo MF / Hi MF / Lo Or / Hi Or) - I had a bit of studio reverb at the end of the chain

I like it, it sings and sizzles.

And also, it distracted me from going through my live presets to see how much havoc was wrecked by Q7 - So far, I have only tried Q7 with the RV50, and that sounds good.

I was asked buy a friend and potential AX8 owner if I could record a clip with the rockerverb. He uses Orange amps, but he is looking to go the modelling way. He tried Helix and was not convinced. I have never tried that model before. I have never been into Orange amps. He gave me a clip, he recorded using his Orange TH30 (which has EL84 tubes), so I pulled out the RV50 model, switched to EL84 tubes, dialled a lo-gain sound on X, a High gain sound on Y and loaded my favourite CabIR Marshall ModeFour and Orange G12H30 4x12 Cab IRs. 4 different sounds recorded in one take (Lo MF / Hi MF / Lo Or / Hi Or) - I had a bit of studio reverb at the end of the chain

And also, it distracted me from going through my live presets to see how much havoc was wrecked by Q7 - So far, I have only tried Q7 with the RV50, and that sounds good.

What was his reaction ?

Yeah, I gotta say I wasn't really expecting much. Updates in the past have not "blown me away." Friday night i installed Q7, reset my amps and plugged in for a few minutes to test them out. A few minutes turned in to a few hours - with my presets- not new amps, but with my own presets that I've been gigging with for over a year now. I couldn't stop playing. They all sounded better to my ears, but what really got me was how they FELT better. Now I want to explore those other amps I've been neglecting, but I'm a bit scared that I won't ever leave the studio.

Hi,
I have created a thread about replicating my TH30 rig tone before finding this thread. I would have loved to hear the audio you posted which I can't audition for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom