6 Warmoth guitars builds of mine.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Just sold my only non-Warmoth build(PRS Tremonti 50's fat neck wrap around tunomatic and pictured below). Monster guitar and played and sounded amazing. Just never makes it out playing live. Anyways...just thought I would share. I am a 23 yr exp guitar tech and happy to answer any questions on these or if you also are planning a Warmoth build. Cheers!
IMG_1148.jpegIMG_1150 3.jpeg69375386265__22E42EAE-E77A-4D5A-847E-16A2128A1B18.jpeg

Last edited:
O.K., I'll start ....

How do you like ( or compare ) the Non-Fine Tuning Floyd to the Fine Tuning Model ? I'm thinking about changing out my OFR for a non-fine tuning model and then getting either a Warmoth or Musikraft neck w/ a regular nut .... What type of tuners should I consider ? And finally, how did you get such good looking roasted wood from Warmoth ? Do you know somebody ?

From what I’ve read about Warmoth necks, usually the frets are flat enough to not need dressed out of the box. True? Nice looking collection!

From what I’ve read about Warmoth necks, usually the frets are flat enough to not need dressed out of the box. True? Nice looking collection!
You're not asking me, but ...

IME, the Warmoth necks with stainless steel frets need some work to smooth them out. Otherwise, the frets feel rough when bending strings. I use Micromesh to smooth out the frets - works great.

Except for the above, never had an issue with a Warmoth neck or body.

I keep an eye on Warmoth builds on Reverb. There are some deep discounts on there. The people building these aren't just trying to save money, a big part of it is the build. Sometimes they unload cheap to get going on another one. I did it before with Warmoth and other suppliers. The one Warmoth neck I bought was great, but being a young guy, for some reason I pulled the frets and put on bigger ones. Probably because I read about some player using those frets. Haha. I did a good job considering I had never done it before, but not going there again. That's a lot of work you Techs do. Thanks for posting @Tremonti. I'm selling a guitar and some other stuff for a new guitar. You have me thinking about building one.

I don‘t know how or why I haven’t thought of doing a partscaster EVH/Axis! I definitely won’t be paying the EBMM prices for one!

Damn, now I don’t know what I want to do next; a Mick Mars/Joe Holmes Strat or an Axis!!

Tight work!

As for necks, I’m probably going to stick with Musikraft, as the neck I got from them earlier this year had a flawless SS fretjob. I just found out this weekend that the guy who does Parklane Guitars was Musikfraft’s fret guy for quite a while, that dude is doing some amazing looking necks right now and if I ever do a ‘fancy neck’ partscaster, I’d definitely grab one from him!

O.K., I'll start ....

How do you like ( or compare ) the Non-Fine Tuning Floyd to the Fine Tuning Model ? I'm thinking about changing out my OFR for a non-fine tuning model and then getting either a Warmoth or Musikraft neck w/ a regular nut .... What type of tuners should I consider ? And finally, how did you get such good looking roasted wood from Warmoth ? Do you know somebody ?
NF Floyd is nice for a change. Mainly just to get a different feel than a locking nut gives you. Not as stiff. Tuning stability is good, but nothing beats a locking nut for that. Give it a try! Main reason I did was looking at Guthrie Govan's Charvel model and taking inspiration from that.

Locking tuners I recommend the Sperzel staggered, as most times it can help eliminate string trees. Schallers are nice too and have a guitar with that as well. But do not think they staggered and on a locking nut guitar just because it makes restring faster.

Luck of draw on Warmoth and woods in regards to crazy looks. I mean you can see pics of stuff already made, so look there first before custom ordering. All necks are awesome from Warmoth.

Just sold my only non-Warmoth build(PRS Tremonti 50's fat neck wrap around tunomatic and pictured below). Monster guitar and played and sounded amazing. Just never makes it out playing live. Anyways...just thought I would share. I am a 23 yr exp guitar tech and happy to answer any questions on these or if you also are planning a Warmoth build. Cheers!
View attachment 113361View attachment 113362View attachment 113364
Nice! I built a Tele recently, with a Warmoth snakehead neck.

Love the Axis build! I don’t see any necks with the Axis type headstocks on the Warmoth site…..where did you get yours?

Back
Top Bottom