6-string Acoustic Guitar Sounds like 12-string

Sounds a bit too chorus-y for my taste. I'd probably go more "dry" and work more with delay than with modulation. The way it is now, it almost feels like a hyper exaggerated 12-string than a normal 12-string.

But that's just imho.

I' ve installed axe edit in my laptop but I cannot open the preset because of my axe is mark II not XL...:( can someone of you explain the blocks used please?
Thanks a lot

I've tried many tricks to get a convincing 12 string sound. You can get halfway decent with a pitch block set to fixed harmony, +12 semitones shift, and a couple of cents of detune. Adding a few ms of delay on the octave up voice helps a lot with the note separation since on a real 12 string the pick doesn't hit both strings at the same time. The biggest problem is that the e and B strings are unison strings not octave strings like the G D A and E strings. The octave up on the high strings is a dead giveaway. I've tried using the pitch modifier to fade over to a second pitch block setup to mimic the unison strings on higher notes instead of octave up but with varying degrees of success. Works ok for single note lines, but not so well for chords. Tried various crossover tricks to split high and low notes between the two pitch blocks as well, but again not quite right. You really need split pickups between strings to get the proper separation of octave and unison strings. The single pitch block octave up route works well enough for quick and dirty, particularly if you are playing on mostly the low strings.

I' ve installed axe edit in my laptop but I cannot open the preset because of my axe is mark II not XL...:( can someone of you explain the blocks used please?
Thanks a lot

Hi, there are four blocks on the signal chain:
1 Pitch: Effect Type:Fixed Harm. Voice 1 Shift:12. Voice 1 Detune:0.
2 Amp: Input Drv:2.13
3 Cab: F018-1x15Thunderbolt
4 Reverb

Thank You

I've tried many tricks to get a convincing 12 string sound. You can get halfway decent with a pitch block set to fixed harmony, +12 semitones shift, and a couple of cents of detune. Adding a few ms of delay on the octave up voice helps a lot with the note separation since on a real 12 string the pick doesn't hit both strings at the same time. The biggest problem is that the e and B strings are unison strings not octave strings like the G D A and E strings. The octave up on the high strings is a dead giveaway. I've tried using the pitch modifier to fade over to a second pitch block setup to mimic the unison strings on higher notes instead of octave up but with varying degrees of success. Works ok for single note lines, but not so well for chords. Tried various crossover tricks to split high and low notes between the two pitch blocks as well, but again not quite right. You really need split pickups between strings to get the proper separation of octave and unison strings. The single pitch block octave up route works well enough for quick and dirty, particularly if you are playing on mostly the low strings.

Thank you for the input.. I'll add the detune and delay, the next time..
And for the higher strings, maybe we can try not to hit them very much..

Back
Top Bottom