6 Loaded but can not load patch banks, help

SimonDreyer

Inspired
Hi folks, I have got version 6 loaded and running no problem but I can not seem to load the latest patch banks. I have tried both USB and Midi connections and tried single patches and complete banks. I have tried two different laptops, unfortunately both Toshiba Tecras. I have updated to the latest drivers and AxeEdit.
I select a new V6 bank in Axe Manager under the AxeEdit directory, right click on it and select Send to AxeFx. It prompts me that it about to overwrite the existing patches and I click on yes. It starts the transfer and sometimes gets the first patch transferred then hangs during the second patch. The progress bar stops at whatever % it got to and the description at the top of the screen says 1 of 127 complete 3% or whatever. The whole PC locks up on one laptop and Axe Manager locks up on the other. I am running XP on both machines. I will try my other laptop, another Toshiba but not a Tecra, tomorrow.
Any ideas? I have actually never ever successfully loaded any patch since day one so I don't even know if all my patches are still from v3 or something.

Cheers S

Hi Simon
Same happened to me. The only thing what worked for me was to mark lets say about 10 to 20 presets manually and uploaded to the axe fx via send marked presets.
For bank A it was quit a pain in the ass but it worked. Strangely enough bank B and C went through without any hassle. Oh and as I read on the forum there is a new AXE Edit version which came out a couple of hours, might be worht a try.
good luck hope that helped.
cheers

Back
Top Bottom