"6 cable method" ?

Faminewolf

I'm interested in extending the 4 cable method by feeding my head's power out to an attenuator and external cab simulation then back into the unit for post cabinet effects capability. I was wondering if there's a way to do such a thing, in effect running two fx loops. I know the Fractal power/cab simulation is everywhere as good as anything I'd get externally - I'd just like the option of using the physical power section in the chain while still running post cab effects.

One to send from the Axe Fx to the front of the head then back to the Axe Fx via the head's FX send. Another to send from the Axe FX to the head's FX return + load + cab sim then back to the Axe FX, which isn't really an FX loop in the traditional sense - I just don't have a better term for it.

One to send from the Axe Fx to the front of the head then back to the Axe Fx via the head's FX send. Another to send from the Axe FX to the head's FX return + load + cab sim then back to the Axe FX, which isn't really an FX loop in the traditional sense - I just don't have a better term for it.
ahh, so the difference is just 4cm but add going back in "after the cab" to the Axe.

i would just go out from the Axe to the Amp input like normal, don't use the real Amp's Effects Loop, then just come back into the Axe after the Cab sim. what would you gain from going into the real Amp's Loop?

It would just allow for three stages at which to place effects versus two. Not essential, but it would take customizability to another level.

Back
Top Bottom