6/16 - Refreshathon (availability update)

or8ital

Inspired
Refreshathon (availability update)

For what its worth I have a script monitoring the website regularly.

History so far:

6/14 - For sale ~2:15PM EST, sold out in 90 second, unknown qty. FAS said units would be added daily.
6/15 - None for sale. No new updates from FAS.
6/16 - For sale ~2:06PM EST, rumored to be 6 units, sold out in less than a minute. Another batch arrived at 4:27. It sold out in 2 minutes. No new updates from FAS.

I personally don't have one. Had it in my cart but couldn't get through the process quick enough.

Last edited:
It's not worth anything. Why would you choose to add to the frenzy by posting this? Do you think people cannot check for themselves? You are not being helpful. You are simply drawing attention to yourself. Stop it.

It's not worth anything. Why would you choose to add to the frenzy by posting this? Do you think people cannot check for themselves? You are not being helpful. You are simply drawing attention to yourself. Stop it.

Looking back at your posts it looks like you don't contribute to the forum in any meaningful way so I've taken your post with a grain of salt. Hopefully, someday, you will find a way to release all the hate you have inside.

Looking back at your posts it looks like you don't contribute to the forum in any meaningful way so I've taken your post with a grain of salt. Hopefully, someday, you will find a way to release all the hate you have inside.

and the daily crap slinging begins...geez!

IMO there is no harm in a little excitement. Let's not forget why many want one of these marvels! Anticipation. Funny, by nature men are generally hunters(not the some gals aren't), so I'm trying to stay positive about all this. Some don't care about getting one 'now', some do. To each their own, I say, if you do no harm. 2g's is no small investment for most people, so I'd like to enjoy the experience! Obviously everyone who wants one, will eventually get one.

I think this thread is probably a good idea.

As a courtesy among forum members if we realize the store has made some available and they have sold out it is cool if one of the forum members posts that.

Got to much work today so I will not be checking like yesterday, but will checkin periodically.

But once we figure out it is done for the day (maybe at one point we could add to cart but now not) we post it as a courtesy so others are not constantly checking.

I think it it would be interesting to know if the store had stock for 40 seconds at some point throughout the day, even if I missed it. I want one as bad as everone else, but I won't have a melt down if it takes a week or two for me to land one...

I skipped a buddy's wedding yesterday to stay home and check on Yahoo store. Today, I have some other dinner to go to and as tempted as I am to skip it, I am going to attend it. Goodluck to those who are hunting for one today.

Interestingly, the MFCs sold out yesterday and were unavailable, even this morning when I checked on them. They're now for sale again, which of course means someone "put" some more in the store. So, an active decision was made not to put some AxeIIs in the store as well. There are a 100 perfectly reasonable explanations for why Fractal may have chosen to do that, but I think that makes it clear that the reason isn't something like "they haven't gotten around to it for today yet".

Whatever decisions are being made, they're deliberate. Personally, I think that's probably a good thing. Makes me think there is a plan and a reason for how things are being done.

Is it possible, that they were taking an extra day to have more available for sale so as to avoid a "Tuesday sell out" again? Would be a 'positive' guess. Keeping the positive energy up!

Yea I like the idea too...gives us an idea that many are getting their dream machine & Cliff might be forgiving the impatient indignant whiners that rubbed him the wrong way.

I see no indignant whining here. People here just try to deal with the current situation based on the info they got and share with each other. Isn't that what the forum for? So is it just wrong to want one? I DON'T think so.

For what its worth I have a script monitoring the website regularly. None for sale overnight or this morning so far.

History so far:

6/14 - For sale ~2:15PM EST, sold out in 90 second, unknown qty
6/15 - None for sale
6/16 - None for sale as of 10am EST

I wonder how many folks are going to PM you asking for this script... hahahahaha

P.S. PM Sent.

There is nothing wrong with this thread at all. I think most would love an update. Not everyone has the luxury of being in front of their computer all day refreshing every 30 seconds. Therefore if they have sold out for the day, I would like to know.

YOU are simply drawing attention to yourself by knocking an otherwise helpful post. If you're not interested in it, then don't read it (let alone post in it).

I wonder how many folks are going to PM you asking for this script... hahahahaha

P.S. PM Sent.

A lot! :) I'm hesitant to give it out for a couple of reasons:

- I don't want to become technical support
- I don't want it to seem like I coordinated a bunch of people hammering the site. I would feel really bad if I were responsible for Yahoo taking down the site due to excessive traffic

Who knows, maybe he's setting up an all new cart system to try to defeat the growing army of bots checking every few seconds. There will be a lot more indignant whining if the only guys who can get an Axe II are the nerds who know how to automate.

Interestingly, the MFCs sold out yesterday and were unavailable, even this morning when I checked on them. They're now for sale again, which of course means someone "put" some more in the store. So, an active decision was made not to put some AxeIIs in the store as well. There are a 100 perfectly reasonable explanations for why Fractal may have chosen to do that, but I think that makes it clear that the reason isn't something like "they haven't gotten around to it for today yet".

Whatever decisions are being made, they're deliberate. Personally, I think that's probably a good thing. Makes me think there is a plan and a reason for how things are being done.

I noticed the same thing. Nothing I can do but check in periodically and hope for the best. I wish I had all day to sit around and click 'add to cart' but some of us have to work for a living. Such is life. I'm with you on the hope that quantities are being built up so a 90 second sell out doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom