6.02 is awesome!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Recently tried FFFR again and decided power amp and cab in more to my liking. Downloaded new firmware and wow! Love it. Things getting easier and easier to dial in. Reset amp block and messed with bass cut, fat mid, treble, presence, negative feedback and got things dialed in. Fyi, negative feedback is a crucial part of dialing things in for me. Anyways... Love my sound again. Thanks fractal!

How do you like those settings? I'll give them a shot my self if you don't mind!
Typically I don't mess with mids other than fat. Treble I typically boost and presence too a tad. Bass I either cut or reduce. Never use bright switch. Negative feedback really adds throat and direction with focus and definition. These are all I really need to dial tones in, besides gain.

Typically I don't mess with mids other than fat. Treble I typically boost and presence too a tad. Bass I either cut or reduce. Never use bright switch. Negative feedback really adds throat and direction with focus and definition. These are all I really need to dial tones in, besides gain.

Been playing guitar for 45 years and have no idea what you mean by "throat" and "direction." Assume it's good though!

Been playing guitar for 45 years and have no idea what you mean by "throat" and "direction." Assume it's good though!
I guess "throat" = rawness and "direction" is tightness/definition ? Tremonti ? BTW we should consider building a real guitarist dictionnary, could be quite funny what comes out of this for example "kick-ass" sounds how ?

I like the new Timmy drive. I think it sounds awesome with the drive at about 4.00, "Hard" clipping type and the bias set to about .33. Since the original has bass and treble knobs, I've been leaving the tone at 5 and then boosting the bass and treble a little bit. So far, I've only played with it as the main source of distortion into a relatively clean amp model.

I need to try it as the "over the top" element for a more gainy amp model. Probably best with a softer clipping, like a Ge diode, with the drive turned down some more and the mids boosted instead of the bass and treble.

I'm also really liking the way the "Speaker Drive" parameter is working now. It does give a little more "amp in the room" feel.

I like the new Timmy drive. I think it sounds awesome with the drive at about 4.00, "Hard" clipping type and the bias set to about .33. Since the original has bass and treble knobs, I've been leaving the tone at 5 and then boosting the bass and treble a little bit. So far, I've only played with it as the main source of distortion into a relatively clean amp model.

I need to try it as the "over the top" element for a more gainy amp model. Probably best with a softer clipping, like a Ge diode, with the drive turned down some more and the mids boosted instead of the bass and treble.
The bass and Treble knobs are actually filters according to cliff and as such I just bring the low cut up to about 3/400 to great success. Really takes the flub out and tightens things up

Back
Top Bottom