5F8 Tweed - The Eagles - Take It Easy

Satch4u3

Experienced
Very surprised with this amp! We recorded our set last night and this was the first time we played this one live. So there are a few awkward moments. But I thought that amp model sounded great and thought I would share.

Since owning the AxFX2 I have used only a Virbro for cleans and the HBE for dirt rhythms and leads. So this is the very first time I have ever used a different model live. Anyhow check it out. The 5F8 Tweed is on the lead guitar and hairy rhythms. Oh and I am using Double Amp (2xP12) cab which I believe was Keith's cab that was captured at the time of capturing his amp.

I have been enjoying this amp immensely lately. I am going to have to try that cab you mentioned. And to think I could have bought the real amp from my Buddie a few years back for 5 bills. Oh well...he let me borrow it any way.

I enjoyed this liverecording very much! Cool playing band with great backing vocals!

What Guitar/Pickups have you used for this song? And you´ve used the stock cab doubleamp cab?

Great sound and nice chops, don't hesit to post the patch. Had a DLR reissue reequipped with Mercury Magnetics transformers and a G12H30 75Hz speaker. Was a dream of an amp and sold it to finance the Axe II in 2012. Will never regret it but this amps is legend.

And the crowd goes wild!...WTH?????...... If I was there, you would have heard me clapping and whistling at the end. Great job and tone.

Thanks for the comments and likes guys.

The guitar was a 2015(The year that everyone hates!) Gibson Les Paul Traditional with stock pickups. They are 59 tributes. I removed the robot tuners and replaced them with locking grovers. And Yes, I used the stock Double Amp cab. Seems to pair nice.

I will post the patch but my rig is at the club as we have another gig there tonight. The patch is very simple though. Just the Amp and Cab Blocks with a little bass rolled off and some added mids from the stock amp settings. For the effects I am using a touch of reverb and delay using a BigSky and Timeline running after the AxeFx Output 1 Left into an RJM Mini Line Mixer for parallel effects then straight to FOH.

And yes we had crickets on the end of that one. lol The audience last night was very good though. Just not on that one!

I lost several hours jamming out classic twangy rock tunes with the 5F8 model. Cranked it with the Blues OD. Seriously phenomenal response.

I'm only a couple weeks into Fractal-land (borrowing an XL+), and the 5F8 along with the Trainwreck Rocket are mind-blowingly good. I don't know how things were pre-Quantum, but I'm just glad to have joined the party.

Back
Top Bottom