5F1 Tweed amp model is based on a Fender Champ from the Tweed

Bcraig

Inspired
After going through a ton of amps factory settings and looking at yaks amplifier pdf (Thanks Yek for creating this 👍)
I’m going to try to keep it real simple - Since it only has one knob the volume - drive parameter in amp block

start with the most basic I can find 5F1 Tweed amp model is based on a Fender Champ from the Tweed era.

And then build in that

So I am going to play around and see what I come up with

Last edited:
And what did you come up with? How is the Axe model of the Champ? I didn't really have the chance to check it out myself. Is it plug and play and do you only have to adjust gain? Because the original amp only has one knob it should be I guess? And what cab should you pair it with if you want to be as close as possible to the original amp?

Last edited:
Used to have one in the eighties, the Rivera model, mount with a very thick and heavy 10" EV speaker. The amp was bloody loud. Anytime we had visitors at rehearsals people were searching where the hell this guitar sound was coming from. Just this small little black tolexed box in a corner..
Never tried it on the axe fx though; it's the best blues amp I've ever seen. Harmonica players used to search them also.

No love for the Champ here? :)

I trying to get show what I learn been busy
Trying to get a online job not easy
And been working on my type skills etc... just trying to prepare
How are you guys doing during this world problem con19

Also what are the best cabs and IR to use with this amp ?

In theory the Champ model should nail the original with all default settings otherwise the modeling is wrong (?). Because it is a one knob amp all you should do is adjust the gain.

Thanks Bodde for help the gain to use is the input drive right?

And here is a newer review

Thanks Bodde for help the gain to use is the input drive right?

Well that's my own theory. The one knob Champ is the most simple amp in the world. So if the modelling is done right all you should do is make adjustments to one knob that resembles the knob on the original. Otherwise the modelling is not correct. Which knob? I think the gain but can also be the master volume. I am no Champ expert. So maybe others can chime in.

And then what cab should you pair it with? no idea...

Well that's my own theory. The one knob Champ is the most simple amp in the world. So if the modelling is done right all you should do is make adjustments to one knob that resembles the knob on the original. Otherwise the modelling is not correct. Which knob? I think the gain but can also be the master volume. I am no Champ expert. So maybe others can chime in.

And then what cab should you pair it with? no idea...

I am been learning the axe on and off
So that why I pick this amp since it only has one knob and
But

It look like it has 2 input is this a high and low input forgive trying to understand
If so what is the pros and cons to each one

E2F90D68-8190-4E60-A037-20C30C4FF027.jpeg

Used to have one in the eighties, the Rivera model, mount with a very thick and heavy 10" EV speaker. The amp was bloody loud. Anytime we had visitors at rehearsals people were searching where the hell this guitar sound was coming from. Just this small little black tolexed box in a corner..
Never tried it on the axe fx though; it's the best blues amp I've ever seen. Harmonica players used to search them also.
That was the Fender Super Champ, That thing was a beast I believe it came out in 82, the EV speaker was a factory option.

Back
Top Bottom