5E3 Tones - Is This Tone Possible With Our 5E3?

Warrior

Power User
The 5E3 in the Axe sounds incredible. However, I've always wanted to be able to achieve the tight bass and gain I've heard in some other 5E3 amps.
I was just wondering if this type of tone is achievable with the 5E3 we have?

Ya gotsta use the mic (normal) channel volume to clean up the lows. Set it anywhere from 7 to 12 (eat your heart out, Nigel, these go to TWELVE), depending on how much you want to clean the sound up, and then set the instrument (bright) channel volume and the shared tone control....

Ya gotsta use the mic (normal) channel volume to clean up the lows. Set it anywhere from 7 to 12 (eat your heart out, Nigel, these go to TWELVE), depending on how much you want to clean the sound up, and then set the instrument (bright) channel volume and the shared tone control....
Yea, exactly. The key to handling the lows in these is the mic channel interaction with the instrument channel.

Yea, exactly. The key to handling the lows in these is the mic channel interaction with the instrument channel.

Or just learn to love the bass bloat and blossom. :)

I find it a really challenging amp to play with the volume wide open on almost
any style of guitar without going into the fart zone. Roll the volume back, though,
and those glassy highs just glisten, and the bass calms its ass down. :)

I have a Louis Electric Tweed Deluxe style amp. I run it into a loadbox and then my AXE FX Mark II with Ares update for its IR's and effects. It sounds great and the Tweed Deluxe on my FM3 can't duplicate it. BTW, I don't jump channels on the Louis because I don't need to. That said, I don't play it that often because I've become an amp model whore. I also have NOS USA tubes in it that I want to last as long as possible.

This made a night and day difference! I didn't know what I've been missing!
Here's a raw, not warmed-up noodle with a little verb giving it a quick test run. I would say, as long as I do my job, the bass gets into that tight category I was looking for.

My strat volume was on 7 most of the time and dimed it a couple of times.
Bright Drive: 3.26
Normal Drive: 8.80
Tone: 10

Cab Block:
Legacy 81 - 1x12 DELUXE TWEED MIX @ 0.00 dB
Legacy 14 - 1x12 DELUXE TWEED (RW) @ -8.82 dB

This made a night and day difference! I didn't know what I've been missing!
Here's a raw, not warmed-up noodle with a little verb giving it a quick test run. I would say, as long as I do my job, the bass gets into that tight category I was looking for.

My strat volume was on 7 most of the time and dimed it a couple of times.
Bright Drive: 3.26
Normal Drive: 8.80
Tone: 10

Cab Block:
Legacy 81 - 1x12 DELUXE TWEED MIX @ 0.00 dB
Legacy 14 - 1x12 DELUXE TWEED (RW) @ -8.82 dB

Scene: I am sitting at the kitchen table, noshing some peanut butter toast dunked in coffee (first cup made from the new, softened and RO filtered water installed yesterday), and Queen Hemorrhoid of Kvetchnia is still a'bed.

Quiet, peaceful enjoyment.

Your 'noodle' fit the mood perfectly....

Scene: I am sitting at the kitchen table, noshing some peanut butter toast dunked in coffee (first cup made from the new, softened and RO filtered water installed yesterday), and Queen Hemorrhoid of Kvetchnia is still a'bed.

Quiet, peaceful enjoyment.

Your 'noodle' fit the mood perfectly....
Props for the Queen mention.

Back
Top Bottom