59 Deluxe

That's really cool...
Do you have a standard positioning strategy? What is it you listen for at each position to determine the final placements, stuff like that. I realize there is no paint by numbers method here but any tips to get the best UR/DI captures would be great. FAS samples a lot of cabinets with a lot of mics in a short time in a studio so am wondering what kind of general workflows you may have discovered and can pass on to use time efficiently and get usable captures.

On open back cabs and combos I like to capture the back as well as the front. Mix it with a 57 usually off the cone in Cab Lab and use the de-phase parameter in the cab block as needed.

I asked this once long ago... Cliff had this to say, which is now archived in the amp model description on the Wiki page http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...els#DELUXE_TWEED_.28based_on_Fender_Deluxe.29

"I had to make some decisions on the model and what you have is based on what I felt offered the best starting point. You have the tools in the model to mold it to your preference. Add some bright cap, increase the input trim, etc. to achieve your own personal sonic goals. Hit the boost switch or increase input trim to simulate jumping the inputs."

So, you can make some edits to simulate it to some extent, but since there are not two Input Drive controls you can't get the same interaction between the two volume controls as you can with the real amp.

I searched the forum but didn't think to dig into the wiki! Thank you very much for this info. This place is amazing.

Rookies... Haha!

Glad to help. I have been playing the Tweed Deluxe model a lot lately. Totally digging it.

Yeah, I'm not liking that rookie moniker, perhaps I could lose it if I posted more...I've been lurking around here for two and half years, just don't post very often.
Mr Veteran ethomas1013, would you care to share a tweed deluxe preset for a lowly rookie to learn from?

Last edited:
Really nothing special. Just the amp and a couple cab IRs. I didn't change any advanced parameters. I'll see about sharing it later tonight.

Just because it says "veteran" doesn't mean I'm an expert!

Is it possible to explore the 5E3's tonal variances using both channel volume knobs simultaneously (in conjunction with the tone knob, of course), both jumpered and non-jumpered in the AxeFx?
I assume the jumpered options would have to be modeled, correct? If not how can I simulate jumping the channels with the current amp model?
I really appreciate any feedback on this from all the great users on this forum!
I wouldn't say that it's entirely out of the question. not too long ago we got some of the jumpered Marshalls and low input Fender models. some things can be simulated with advanced parameters, some may not. I'd be curious to try a jumpered Deluxe model...

Back
Top Bottom