5153 so easy to get a good tone, feels like cheating!

I agree. The 5153 is my new go-to for any 5150 style tone. It’s filthy and perfectly captures how a 5150 tone sounds when I think of one. I’ve had a real 5150 II for many years and love it, but as far as the digital amp models go the 5153 gets me where I wanna be with much less tweaking.

Thank you for the tips!

I've taken the liberty of using your preset "VidarAus JP2C Rig v5" to do these mods on Scene 4. Preset attached. Great super-tight rhythm!

I prefer the result with the cab "YA MES 412 TRAD Mix 09" rather than the "YA MES 412 OS Mix 01". It has more tight mids and less fizzy highs, but maybe it is a question of tweaking other parameters.

As it says at the description of the YA MES 412: "It's the tighter, more aggressive brother to the Mesa "Oversized" 4x12. It has more pick attack and forward mids that pair especially well with modern high gain amps"
I like the YA Trad as well. Lately I've been doing a blend with some ML Sound Lab cabs. Mega OS Almighty maxed with the Mega Green MIX-CONTROL mixed down to -4.65DB for the red channel.

Anyone want heavy tones and struggling give this a go. It’s too easy. The tweaking to awesome tone ratio is new to me and I like it.
Thanks for posting this. I followed it to the T on my FM3 and thought, "this sounds pretty good, I see why he likes it."

Then realized it was 100% dry: there was no verb or delay in there, and I was listening straight through headphones. If a metal tone can sound good that dry through headphones, it is magic.

Back
Top Bottom