5153 Blue Reboots Axe Fx [SOLVED]

Fro

Experienced
Is anyone else getting this? I just loaded the new firmware (15) and whenever I select the 5153 Blue amp, my Axe Fx reboots itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reinstalled the firmware, and it still happens. I made a quick video. bad quality, i know. I should have played while I was recording it. What you would have heard if I was playing is that the sound stops as soon as I hit the 5153 Blue. Then after it's silent for a few seconds, it reboots.

I reinstalled the firmware, and it still happens. I made a quick video. bad quality, i know. I should have played while I was recording it. What you would have heard if I was playing is that the sound stops as soon as I hit the 5153 Blue. Then after it's silent for a few seconds, it reboots.

does it happen with any random preset? or just one? would you post it here if that is the case...

I was only trying my own presets at first. This time I just randomly scrolled to something I've never tried before. Either a factory preset, or some bank I got from someone else. that patch was called In a Fixx. It rebooted on that one too as soon as I switched the amp. So, i can post a patch if you would like it, but it didn't seem to matter.

is it just that preset? try and blank preset with that amp and cab and see if it still does it. could be a corrupted preset.

Having the same issue here.
Tried making a preset with the 5153 blue , it was ok for a minute after which the unit just rebooted.Mine's a axe fx 2 mk 2

is it just that preset? try and blank preset with that amp and cab and see if it still does it. could be a corrupted preset.

It does it with every preset, including factory presets and presets I created. I did not try creating a blank one with an amp and cab only.

For the record I started with a completely empty grid. Added amp 1 block. Selected 5153's saved between each selection. Mk1 did not freeze.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I read this and the bug report about the Tuscany cab. So I created a patch using nothing on the grid except the 5153 blue and that cab. Still no crash....and a very fine, useable tone, if I do say so myself.

Another thing that I thought of that could conceivably add drama to this, is if you were not on amp1X and cab1X when this happened. I am on those during this, and could not replicate.

Axe Edit for Macbook Pro.

Back
Top Bottom