5153 Blue compared to EVH Blue

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I've been keeping this one in for two months but *squirt*. Can FAS check if there's something wrong with this amp sim?

I think the EQ is correct but the gain in not. I'm using my EVH Blue channel as my main rhythm sound in a metal band and my gain is around 4-5/10 and no boosts. On the real amp it sounds pretty much identical to the Red channel on lower gain. Then again lowering the gain on the 5153 Red sim doesn't sound like that either. 5153 Red is my favorite sim for sure but it's hard to get it tighter by lowering the gain like on the real thing.

5153 Red with everything set to noon is identical to the real thing but 5153 Blue is not. I'm not sure if the gain has been set differently on the 50w version that I have compared to the 100w version.

Simply asking if you could check if there's something going on with the gain that's all. Thanks in advance! :)

Well in the 50w version the GREEN and BLUE channel are sharing the same gain knob so maybe it was changed so that you can get a clean sound and driven sound easier?

Still I'm struggling with the 5153 Blue sim a bit. I know you guys want/need clips but I don't have them right now.

Well check this comparison:

The Blue channel is kind of the Marshall channel of the amp. :)

the 50 actually does sound different to the 100. so I wouldn't be surprised if gain is a bit different on one. doesn't mean though that Cliff shouldn't check if he's up for it ;)

AFAIK, 50-watt has MORE gain on the blue channel than the 100-watt.

As an aside; I sold my 5150III 50-watter to help fund my Axe FX II. Don't regret it at all!!

The 50W version has a different input network than the 100W version for that channel. The 50W version has about twice the gain as a result. Otherwise things are pretty similar. You can simulate this using the Input Trim knob.

I was actually just double-checking the 5153 models today and the Blue channel was spot-on.

Cliff will there be a change in the 5153 Red model in the next update? Iam just curious about if..

The 5153 50watt head & also the combo both have more gain on the blue channel than the 100watt head does.

The 50W version has a different input network than the 100W version for that channel. The 50W version has about twice the gain as a result. Otherwise things are pretty similar. You can simulate this using the Input Trim knob.

I was actually just double-checking the 5153 models today and the Blue channel was spot-on.

That's great news!

I was comparing my EVH 5150 III 50 watt with the Axe and both sound great but what would I set the input trim knob to simulate twice the gain referenced above?

I was told by an amp repair guy that the 50w was in triode and the 100w in pentode. I never heard the 50w version, but supposedly that it sounds different.

Back
Top Bottom