5153 Blue bug with 18.04 beta? [FIXED]

Algone

Inspired
Hi, i have a preset with a 5153 Blue 100w, i wanted to try the new 5153 blue 50w, i copied the X to Y (X is the 100w, Y the 50w) and applied the same setting and the 100w (X) sounds bad.
Automatically, when i select the 50w in Y, the X go bad.
Is it that there are people who have the same problem as me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it happen with X as the 50 and Y as the 100.

If I set up X as the 50 it sounds fine.

I then go to dial in the Y side as the 100 watt as it sounds fine.

If I flick back to the X side 50 watt it sounds ok, but going X -> Y (dial it in) -> X -> back to Y the 100 watter sounds weird.

I haven't yet tried saving the patch and seeing if that stops it happening.

Happy to read this, I thought my AxeFx not working well.

Also, i have some similar problem with the recto2 Red Mod since the G3 (18.00), when i turn on my AxeFx the tone is scooped, if i change the amp or preset and the sound returns good.
I had shared the preset with my friends, the recto stay scooped for them.
Strange.

Reactions: trb
Confirmed. This is actually a pretty nasty bug and affects any switching between amps, whether by switching presets or via X/Y. I will have a new firmware tonight with a fix for this.

All due to a single misplaced semicolon.

All due to a single misplaced semicolon.

Ah, that brings back memories of sitting in the computer lab when I was in college scouring thousands of lines of code looking for that one misplaced semicolon while everyone else was at the bar. Back then there were no "intelligent" IDEs with IntelliSense, etc. It all had to be done by hand, usually using dot matrix print outs so I could physically cross out each line I was sure was accurate.

Ah, that brings back memories of sitting in the computer lab when I was in college scouring thousands of lines of code looking for that one misplaced semicolon while everyone else was at the bar. Back then there were no "intelligent" IDEs with IntelliSense, etc. It all had to be done by hand, usually using dot matrix print outs so I could physically cross out each line I was sure was accurate.

That sounds like less fun than root canal, or public flogging

When this happens, does is sound scooped or nasally, or kinda boxy sounding? I think I'm getting this too. I'm hoping that's what it is. If not, my ears are worse than I thought, and I'll stop trusting them. :) If what I'm hearing is the bug, I think I'm going to roll back to 18.03. I'm working on a new set of patches for tomorrows show, and I'm on the fence of either waiting patiently for the update and then continue programing, or roll back now and continue programming. I do have everything backed up, so rolling back isn't a problem. But if I've already made some patch changes, would the 18.04 patches work on 18.03? If not, no biggie, I just need to make notes of what I changed before I roll back.

Either way, thanks Cliff for working on this! Much appreciated!

When this happens, does is sound scooped or nasally, or kinda boxy sounding? I think I'm getting this too. I'm hoping that's what it is. If not, my ears are worse than I thought, and I'll stop trusting them. :) If what I'm hearing is the bug, I think I'm going to roll back to 18.03. I'm working on a new set of patches for tomorrows show, and I'm on the fence of either waiting patiently for the update and then continue programing, or roll back now and continue programming. I do have everything backed up, so rolling back isn't a problem. But if I've already made some patch changes, would the 18.04 patches work on 18.03? If not, no biggie, I just need to make notes of what I changed before I roll back.

Either way, thanks Cliff for working on this! Much appreciated!

Yes, it will sound nasally. It's there in 18.03 too so you might as well just stay put. In fact it's been there since 3.xx.

Another bug with Small Box Friedman / new 50w 5153 here (18.04) : when i go from 50w 5153 to Small box patch , the small box patch lossing bass with nasaly sound . No bug when i from to whatever others patch ...

Back
Top Bottom