"5153" + 8-string rhythm and lead samples (metal)

kengtin

"5153" + Carvin DC800 8-string (w/samples, metal)

Hi folks,

I recently worked on this Carvin DC800 in-depth review. You might not be interested in it, but I wanted to share the samples/demo part of it which, as usual, is Axe FX II powered.

I used my favorite "5153" based patch, firmware v15.07, to get a tight and clear tone on those low strings/notes. No post EQ. What do you think?

NOTE: If you want to skip the review, just wait for the link at the beginning of the "blah blah" section and it'll take you right to the jam.

Enjoy and thanks for watching

Link to patch: Axe-Change - Download Preset - 5153 Blue II - by kengtin

Last edited:
I envy sweep picking....I loved the very end of the clip. Very sweet.

The latest firmware is light-years ahead of version 15, so I encourage you to back up your presets first, and then upgrade to 17.02.

Once again - very very nice playing.

I envy sweep picking....I loved the very end of the clip. Very sweet.

The latest firmware is light-years ahead of version 15, so I encourage you to back up your presets first, and then upgrade to 17.02.

Once again - very very nice playing.

Thanks for watching, glad you liked it. Yeah, I know FW 15 is like ancient now, it's just I spent so much time working on that patch and video to get it "right" and wanted to release the video once and for all. I'll be upgrading to 17 ASAP now \m/

Big fan of Carvin guitars!! Their factory in San Diego/Carmel Mountain is just a few miles from my hometown. A few years back, I custom ordered a 7-string from them for my first one and its by far, one of my favorite instruments! Great video.

Back
Top Bottom