5150iii red just found it WOW in love with axe fx again

Metal1993

Inspired
So I was watching youtube last night and playing guitar as usual and playing along with some of my favorite music. I happened to be watching some steel panther and remembered that they did a rig rundown with satchel (2015 edition) and they showed his 5150 amps and the settings. Well I went back to my axe fx and looked up the models to see if it was in there and sure enough there was a 5153 which was the 5150 iii. So i scrolled through each channel and blue to green to RED and OH YEA! I was in heaven. I have not heard a tone that really captured my attention in a long time. So then I looked at the cabs and saw there was a 5153 cab. So i though great. And then turned it up.

This is why I play guitar and why I love the axe fx. I get stuck on my old tones then somethign new pops up and I am like a kid again and that love for music and the guitar bug that bites you never goes away, it comes back stronger and stonger.

I thought this was a great story as its a reason why I love music and how one tone I heard for the first time, now will capture me for the next few months at least, and I am sure many very very very late nights. Kepp on rocking everybody.

ok ill be checkin back in with Angle today, I always forget about it for some reason...

upon discovering the 5153Red, I could never imagine myself unfinding it and having to find it again... lol..

5153Red is my goto / workhorse amp

HOLY CANNOLI!!!! count me in on the newly converted to this beast. even at early morning volumes, it oozes harmonic goodness..neverr ceases to amaze how much there is this box to discover.

Yes. I was literally blown away the first time I loaded the stock 5153 preset for the first time. I had not bothered to check it out because I was focused on some other models but that amp is insanely enjoyable for high gain.

One of the great things about the Axe is that you can discover/rediscover stuff over a very long period because the unit is just so deep. This combined with the extreme sound quality make it the only true GAS killer I have ever owned.

I love this amp (the Red). But I have to cut the bass, and keep the preamp low for what I use it for. The stock cab is very gainy...have to tame it. With the preamp at 3-4, it NAILS the Kansas tune 'Hold on'...volume knob at 6 for most, up to 10 for solo with some delay and a mild goose.

I hope we get the EL34 model at some point soon. I had the standard, own the 100s and the EL34.
The EL34 is the best imo. Has a be100 thing going and packs a huge punch

5153 100 Watt blue with a TS 808 OD in the drive block is my go too. It was my main amp before going Fractal and still is with the Fractal.

OK, this amp model is cool as shit - thanks for encouraging me to give it a whirl. Just spent two hours jamming with VH. Man I love this black box!

Even though I'm a metal guy, the 5150 is too compressed and gainy for my taste. I like attacky, dynamic stuff.
I do come back to it every once in a while though. It's good in it's own kind of way...

I hope we get the EL34 model at some point soon. I had the standard, own the 100s and the EL34.
The EL34 is the best imo. Has a be100 thing going and packs a huge punch
Might not be the same but, FWIW, you can change the power tube type. ;) Probably with that and a few more deep tweaks you could a get a solid swag at that variant.

I love the 5150 block letter.
I have a 5150 EVH sign, an early version. It sounds so freaking great but it's loud as a f*ck, impossible to control in lower volumes. Therefore I sometimes run the axe in the 5150 fx-loop and put 5150 block sim sag to 0 and holy shitballs =)

Back
Top Bottom