5150 Stealth EL34 version?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have been out of the loop for a while. Has there been any talk of upgrading the widely used 5150 amp model to include the El34 version? I currently own real 6L6 and EL34 100W stealth version and they are very different from each other as well as the Gen 1 non stealth rigs. Just curious

You can change the type of tube in the amp block under "tube type" for all amp models.

Options include: 6AQ5, 6L6/5881, 6V6, 300B (triode), 6550, 6973, EL34/6CA7, EL84/6BQ5, KT66, KT88.

That's what I was thinking. I'm also guessing that these different amps feature tweaks in the design other than tubes. But your recommendation is a good place to start.

That's what I was thinking. I'm also guessing that these different amps feature tweaks in the design other than tubes. But your recommendation is a good place to start.

They probably do, but the nice thing about the Fractal gear is you have so many parameters that you can adjust beyond the tubes that it will help you get the sound you are looking for.

The stealth as I remember reading, was to make the red and blue channels similar, and to add gain. so all of it could be done with tweaks to the existing models i'm guessing.

Thanks guys, forgot about that feature, makes sense! My EL34 100w head is so much more VH I and II than the 6L6

Maybe tweak the Plexi 100w model? I think it will get you closer to what you're after. The 5150iii has a more modern flavor. That's just my opinion though! :)

@Randalljax goo idea! Can you remind me where that adjustment is made?

Ya for sure , not in front of my aAxe, but its in the preamp ,, change default tone stack to plexiglass 100 bright . its called the tone stack parameter ,it will be a default just select the drop down to give ya a list
change the power tube to El34 .adjust the sag and Negative feedback depending if you want it tighter looser

Also, try using a 5153 cab IR. The speakers give a little more top end sizzle than greenbacks, IMO

I’m told the 5153 cab has Eddie’s Celestion speakers. They’re close to GBs but more sizzle to my ears.

I own the 5153 4x12 real cab and they have EVH Greenbacks M series as opposed to the 2x12 which have H and are very harsh

The EVH Greenbacks are lower wattage or lower hi-fi from what I recall reading the Celestion speaker page. Like an already broken in GB.

I bought the Ownhammer GNR 4x12 pack and found a Greenback combo I really liked. Then I tried the factory 5153 cab and was depressed because I thought I’d found THE perfect IR combo. I loved the factory 5153. I also fell in love with the Citrus v30 factory cab. The IR choices are overwhelming ..lol.

Back
Top Bottom