5150/6505 Drive? Strymon stuff?

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone know if theres a drive in the FX8 that can approximate the 5150/6505 higher gain tone?

Edit: Instead of making a new thread I'm editing this one to add...

Also, I see people asking for Big Sky and Timeline sounds. With all the options, I'd think the FX8 (and other Fractal gear) could come exceptionally close to anything you can get in those units. Not so? I have a Timeline and it's great, but I'm not sure there's anything it can do that the FX8 can't. Not sure either way actually, which is why I'm asking. :)

Last edited:
In terms of Delay and Reverb I understand Fractal is in the same league as Strymon.
This video shows a lot about the delays:

The only thing I am not sure is the shimmer on the Big Sky but others may chime in.

About the drives I am still getting to know them but impressive so far. Best highgain so far I got was from the Riot and RAT simulations.

Zakkrhodes,

I've seen that video and it's excellent. Who did that? Someone here of course but I'm not sure who (I wouldn't consider myself a regular...yet). I'd love to see him do a similar one on reverbs.

The guy who did that series deserves a huge THANK YOU from everybody!
I just started using FX8 Edit today and everything got way easier. Have you tried it?

He does. I'm gonna hunt that guy down. E-stalk on the way! lol

I installed it and brought it up last night, but it was late and I only took a peek around in it before calling it a night. Can't wait to really dig in. Preliminary results are outstanding.

The guy who did that series deserves a huge THANK YOU from everybody!
I just started using FX8 Edit today and everything got way easier. Have you tried it?

Took me about 1 minute to figure out who it was. E-stalking skills level up! :)

So.... @TRTTRTTRT, how would you feel about making another video about reverbs? :)

Theres no secret its the awesome Danny Danzi, creator of the best vanhalen patches of all time.

Okay I see what happened here. Communications breakdown lol. I was wondering who did the delay video linked in post #2. @symphx must have thought I was asking who did the compression video @ATR1 posted in post #3.

Then I thought symphx was saying something about Danny Danzi's VH patches having some relevance to my original questions.

And maybe that compression video does have some relevance to that 5150/6505 tone...I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom