50watt Marshall Preset Review

I agree! It truly sounds closer to my original '74 JMP50 than any other block/preset. As I run the EL34 tube amp with high presence and midrange settings to cut through in a band setting (and to get a proper "kerrang"), the tone you can achieve by dialing in the 50watt Marshall amp block nails it completely. Pair it with a 4x12/GB cab, plug in your 'burst and it's rock nirvana!

The Marshalls are far and away my favourite group of amps modeled in the Fractal. They are all
SO good. :)
It’s nutz, but I also really like the Super Vibrato for cleanish tones- perfect for Def Leppard clean tones. Who knew I would like Fender style amps- yuck. Lol

It’s just crazy because there really great dirt tones that nail all the metal tunes. The Atomica is great.. the 100watt is great, etc etc etc.

I agree! It truly sounds closer to my original '74 JMP50 than any other block/preset. As I run the EL34 tube amp with high presence and midrange settings to cut through in a band setting (and to get a proper "kerrang"), the tone you can achieve by dialing in the 50watt Marshall amp block nails it completely. Pair it with a 4x12/GB cab, plug in your 'burst and it's rock nirvana!
“Kerrang” never heard that in a sentence Lolol

It’s nutz, but I also really like the Super Vibrato for cleanish tones- perfect for Def Leppard clean tones. Who knew I would like Fender style amps- yuck. Lol

It’s just crazy because there really great dirt tones that nail all the metal tunes. The Atomica is great.. the 100watt is great, etc etc etc.
I meant Vibrato-King is the kick-ass clesn tone!

After reading this post I decided to try out the 50watt Marshall. I ended up liking the 1987X JUMPED (50W Marshall 1987X reissue) one the best. The ironic part to this is when I bought my JCM900 Marshalls back in the early 90s, this is what I hoped they would sound like - but didn't. I still have the JCM900s and actually still use them as power amps for my FM3.

Hi Guys. I received the FM3 today. The 50W Plexi Jumped is amazing. My gosh it sounds so good with my strat. I started with Factory Preset 009 - PLEXI 50W, swapped in the 50W Plexi Jumped and was making scenes within minutes. I am at this moment blown away. I will put a review together once i mess with the unit more. Great stuff!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom