50 watts vs 1000 watts

Yup; Matrix has some kind of sag effect happening. I also would encourage some monitors to go along with cabinets. This is what I do and there is a lot of variety when you use the cabinets in the Axefx. I still also played through traditional cabinets for shits and giggles. Mostly both at the same time.

BINGO.

I will say, I prefer the 'feel' the Matrix amps have over other SS amps

To the OP, I would also propose he look at powered Monitors to use IN ADDITION to Matrix/CAB, for lower volume @ home use.
I have some entry-level Alesis Elevate studio monitors. They're minis, but I've used them for Neural DSP plugins and I think they'll work for the time being.

"Mostly both at the same time"

Are you saying you can play through a pair of monitors AND a pair of guitar speaker cabinets at the same time? Does that sound amazing or just a bit different?

Made this for a bit of a laugh but also it was actually kind of fun! We've all seen those rig diagrams and thought "damn! Wish there were some kind of site or app that let's you make these" - apparently not.

View attachment 82815
Nice, you should try making a PATCH-bay aswell! I'm making one in the back of my rack.
It will contain:
  • power in
  • Speaker out 1
  • Speaker out 2
  • XLR out (FOH)
  • USB

This way I can route all the cables in the back of the rack and just leave them like that.
No need to ever plug something straight in or out in the AXE of Matrix. This helps with your practicality!

Just label the patchbay in/outs and plug in. No hassle!

The photo attached was a few months ago and still a work in progress, but you get the idea!

Attachments

• 20210307_123500.jpg
    20210307_123500.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 4
Are you saying you can play through a pair of monitors AND a pair of guitar speaker cabinets at the same time? Does that sound amazing or just a bit different?
I for one do Monitors and a Xitone FRFR 2x12 . Axe to rack mixer, Mixer to Monitors and to Matrix to Xitone. For certain Studio/home endeavors it works real well.

I for one do Monitors and a Xitone FRFR 2x12 . Axe to rack mixer, Mixer to Monitors and to Matrix to Xitone. For certain Studio/home endeavors it works real well.

Pretty much what he said.
Plus you can do cool stuff like pseudo quadraphonic effects.

Back
Top Bottom