50 delay blocks and 15 presets available! (v19)

Simeon, do you know if updating to 19 beta 3 will ruin these blocks with the changes to delay drive? The release notes state that presets will automatically be updated to keep drive level the same, but nothing about blocks. Just curious, as I will wait on the beta if it has a negative effect.

no clue, but it sounds like from what cliff said in the release notes, that everything should be fine....the amount of gain should remain constant

I have never owned a FX-box before Axe-FX and is still a newbie on how to get there. But I am so impressed by how good these blocks and presets sounds. This is golden!

Donations sent a couple of minutes ago.

anyone else confirm this?

Its mostly a matter of lowering the drive, as expected, but on some blocks, the modulation is insane after updating. 'Degraded Ping Pong,' for example, is unusable even after lowering modulation. I rolled back the firmware for now, I like these blocks too much to ruin them.

lemme see if this is a known issue and if cliff can fix it for the official release of 19

are you using an XL, by the way, anthony?

lemme see if this is a known issue and if cliff can fix it for the official release of 19

are you using an XL, by the way, anthony?

can confirm that drive settings totally mess with the blocks on those that rely on or use the drive. on some blocks it makes the repeats almost silent.

you can just turn down the drive but then you lose where you (Simeon) had it set, so you lose some of the magic of the block.

cliff did say that there shouldn't be a change in the drive level, because even though the range has increased, the drive should set itself to a new level to match the old level. this is a bit disappointing...i think cliff may have to look at this again and check if it's working as designed.

cliff did say that there shouldn't be a change in the drive level, because even though the range has increased, the drive should set itself to a new level to match the old level. this is a bit disappointing...i think cliff may have to look at this again and check if it's working as designed.

I think this does function as expected for presets, but not for blocks. They keep the same settings as before, whereas the presets drive level updates with the firmware. Turning it down usually gets you back there, but like I said, the modulation is extreme on some of them.

I only tried the presets, not the blocks, sounded fine here. I didn't tested them before updating to 19b3

you can just turn down the drive but then you lose where you (Simeon) had it set, so you lose some of the magic of the block.
I wouldn't rely on set drive levels in Delay blocks anyway. the Drive setting in the Delay block is highly dependent on what is being fed into it and how hard it's driven, unless you're using the Delay first in line. otherwise, it's gonna change due to amp volume, cab volume, pickups etc. anyway...

so these are not for the XL+. i cant get them to work at all, just errors and cant see them in the drop down list. HELP!

so these are not for the XL+. i cant get them to work at all, just errors and cant see them in the drop down list. HELP!

yes, there is a known issue with axe edit and the XL+. it will be fixed in the next version of axe edit

btw - i suggested to cliff that perhaps we could have a dropdown or switch associated with the gain knob for hi/lo or pre/post operation. the default would be as it is now and then if you choose to run the delay block in front of an amp, you could use the switch to change the gain structure. no idea if he'll implement it or not, but it seemed like a sensible workaround to me. no idea what's going on with the modulation...

Been playing around with both the blocks and the presets......brilliant! Prior to Simeon's most excellent blocks/presets, I had never used the Library function in AxeEdit. Simeon's ambient samples on the Fractal site were a major contributing factor for me buying my XL in the first place. And now, he's inspiring me once again to go further with the Axe and AxeEdit. I've sketched out a few new song ideas in just the past couple of days because of his Delay and Pitch blocks/patches. Dammit man, you're making my neurons fire! At this rate, I won't get any work done for my day job. :glee:

Back
Top Bottom