50 delay blocks and 15 presets available! (v19)

Can I ask a dumb question....how do we get the blocks into Axe-Edit? I tried drop and drag...i know how to do presets and cabs....blocks?

here you go. he was using two deluxe memory man's, but he seems to have ditched those in favour of a timeline. i've no idea what's going on in the timeline, but he demonstrates the two memory man's in another video, so i used the dual delay and "tape-ified" it with the eq. i've set the mix at 100%, so run it in parallel and you can then control the level by attaching your expression pedal to the "input level" parameter and have foot control over how loud the repeats are (just like Mr T)

btw - this....like all the other blocks and presets....are designed to be run in stereo. if you're running in mono, pan all the delay repeats to the centre.

Thank you Simeon you just saved me a lot of time !!!

Hi Simeon,

Do you have a particular method when creating your blocks? Do you start from an existing physical pedal model that you own and try to replicate the effect? Or is it trial and error until you find something you like?

Hi Simeon,

Do you have a particular method when creating your blocks? Do you start from an existing physical pedal model that you own and try to replicate the effect? Or is it trial and error until you find something you like?
I dont own any physical pedals any more. Sometimes i look on youtube if there's a particular pedal I'm interested in, otherwise i imagine a sound in my head and then try to make it.

Cool Simeon!!! Have you been able to recreate the ending delay of "Eruption"? I know the Echorec or one of his pedals does that sort of thing like the old tape delays whereas you pull down the time and it also lowers the pitch of the original note.Mark

I second this.......& I would love for you to recreate that classic VH reverb as well!

I think you opened a large can of worms for yourself here Simeon! lol

I second this.......& I would love for you to recreate that classic VH reverb as well!

I think you opened a large can of worms for yourself here Simeon! lol

Has anyone noticed a popping sound on delay trails in the Ambient Octaves preset? It sounds like clipping on the tails. It's not attack since I'm doing volume swells, and not CPU since I removed the reverb block to test (80% CPU). I'm running 19b2 firmware. It sounds awesome, I just can't record what I want with it with the popping :)

I tried loading blocks into FX8 and got an error. Do you know if these blocks will work on FX8?

Thanks
Ed

Has anyone noticed a popping sound on delay trails in the Ambient Octaves preset? It sounds like clipping on the tails. It's not attack since I'm doing volume swells, and not CPU since I removed the reverb block to test (80% CPU). I'm running 19b2 firmware. It sounds awesome, I just can't record what I want with it with the popping :)

i noticed it as well

I had a great time testing all the blocks and presents yesterday. ..oops.. I'll leave that typo, seems to fit well enough. :)

I'll be trying some of these with the CPS Space Station v3 speaker over the weekend. Might just be a cool match.

Thanks again Simeon! Donation sent.

i can hear it a tiny bit, now it's been pointed out to me. try turning up the crossfade in both multidelay blocks from 50% to 100%. if that doesn't completely solve it, check and see if either of the multidelays have their direction set to "reverse". if they do, set it to "forward".

edit: a bit more investigation and i think it's the reverse ping pong block which was slightly modified for this patch. i don't normally use it for this kind of long reverse delay effect, because it's not very good at it...too many artefacts. the pitch crystals block is very good at it though and that's what i normally use. i'll include another version of this effect, but made with the pitch block in the next run of pitch effect blocks.

Last edited:
I tried loading blocks into FX8 and got an error. Do you know if these blocks will work on FX8?

Thanks
Ed

to the best of my knowledge, they should do. did you get an error message, or an error log generated in the fx8 workspace?

Simeon, you do a great job tweaking effects. I would like to see more of these 50 blocks series comming featuring other blocks.
This really shows how powerful Axe is if you know how to tweak it.

Cool Simeon!!! Have you been able to recreate the ending delay of "Eruption"? I know the Echorec or one of his pedals does that sort of thing like the old tape delays whereas you pull down the time and it also lowers the pitch of the original note.

Mark

thanks mark. i think this has come up before...a long time ago now....but just off the top of my head, try placing the mono tape at the beginning of the chain and tie your expression pedal to "motor speed". have the block auto engage when you move the pedal, or bump the mix level from zero to 100% with a very steep curve. i don't know what the range of the sweep is (in terms of octaves), but it should be easy to figure out how much you need to sweep the motor speed by to get the drop you need. also the initial delay time would be a factor in this, so you may need to experiment there. feedback will need to be very high, obviously....and use a bit of damping on the sweep to make it really smooth.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom