5 years in...still on honeymoon!

TexasHeartRush

Inspired
Hey ya'll. Five years in this month and still grateful as ever for the AXE-FX II. As relevant as the day I bought it. I am strictly a studio use guy. I have been a Carr artist for years and use tube amps and big ol' pedal boards live.

I rarely post here, but as a working muso I use the AXE daily. I have used it on many pickup demos and 100's of sessions.

I am finishing up a killer instrumental hot guitar nerd album with 10 top players in the genre right now (Roots, Rockabilly, Gypsy, Surf, Western Swing) and as always, the AXE is a bonafide choice. Here in the studio I have 3 Carr amps and the Elektra 185 from the Netherlands (and mountains of effects). Still 50% I am rocking the AXE for the track. In many cases I run both a track of direct AXE and a parallel track of micd' tube amp. I rarely combine em, but it gives me the option to choose one or the other depending on feel of the player.

I think more than anything, if you are on the 'fence' about this gear (MKII) or if you are concerned a 5 year old technology is 'outdated or 'becoming obsolete' because it is an older version, you can put your fears to rest if indeed you are a tone discerning working musician. I am seeing these versions go for alot less and that is just awesome for folks just getting into the game.

Real life use, daily use, for years... is always a different report than the technology critics will have you believe and I just wanted to support the other side of the conversation for those who may be there.

Fantastic weekend to ya'll! Here's to another five years.

RG

Hey ya'll. Five years in this month and still grateful as ever for the AXE-FX II. As relevant as the day I bought it. I am strictly a studio use guy. I have been a Carr artist for years and use tube amps and big ol' pedal boards live.

I rarely post here, but as a working muso I use the AXE daily. I have used it on many pickup demos and 100's of sessions.

I am finishing up a killer instrumental hot guitar nerd album with 10 top players in the genre right now (Roots, Rockabilly, Gypsy, Surf, Western Swing) and as always, the AXE is a bonafide choice. Here in the studio I have 3 Carr amps and the Elektra 185 from the Netherlands (and mountains of effects). Still 50% I am rocking the AXE for the track. In many cases I run both a track of direct AXE and a parallel track of micd' tube amp. I rarely combine em, but it gives me the option to choose one or the other depending on feel of the player.

I think more than anything, if you are on the 'fence' about this gear (MKII) or if you are concerned a 5 year old technology is 'outdated or 'becoming obsolete' because it is an older version, you can put your fears to rest if indeed you are a tone discerning working musician. I am seeing these versions go for alot less and that is just awesome for folks just getting into the game.

Real life use, daily use, for years... is always a different report than the technology critics will have you believe and I just wanted to support the other side of the conversation for those who may be there.

Fantastic weekend to ya'll! Here's to another five years.

RG
Man, it's been way to long since we've seen you around here, I'm sure you are busy but your videos are Killer.Love hearing you play, I want to pick like you when I grow up haha.

Just watched a few of your videos, found the one that was my introduction to you,"Fire in the Barn" Wow,Anyways great report of your Fractal Gear, don't be such a stranger round here!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom