5 week review...

paulbag

Inspired
This thing truly is a gift...never dreamed it could be this good! What I've come up with so far is this...no matter how you run this unit you can achieve great tone...no matter what guitar, what pickup, you will find great tone. I've run it four or five ways...and saved patches for each by name. Whether it was with headphones (m40's) a Behringer (yes Behringer!) B210D, or either of two (but normally both) Crate BV120 1/2 stacks into their effects return with cab Sims off from the Axes Output 1 l and r. One cab is a BV the other a late 80's peavey butcher cab. And today, for the first time I'm playing through a new pair of equator d5's.

I have 7 guitars with different pickups and again have patches saved by name for each guitar and I've found killer tones for all of them with multiple amps and in each of the ways I've run the Axe. You can't fail with the Axe II. It's idiot proof. I still have no idea what I'm doing aside from your basic tweaking skills and I always find stuff that works. I'm on the list for active CLR's but might not make the cut in June, got on list in April. But I'm still thinking about the possibility of buying a power amp and getting passives...especially where I already have a couple cabs and could then get rid of the heads...or even still I've heard if you're playing metal the K12's work... possibilities with this unit seem endless :)

Back
Top Bottom