5 months and not a single update?

As a FAS lover, I came to the conclusion that this forum appears to be like we had communism in Eastern Europe: you only can praise the system but no complain at all. The ridiculousness reached new levels.
You should learn from the boss himself with the well balanced and thought out answers

OK-but why "START" a thread like this? If he added to a thread discussing the FX8 that might be perceived differently---But he just started a thread to basically say this sucks about a product he sold months ago? So sorry, no sympathy... never should have started the thread...

Because critical feedback -- aka "complaining" -- is how the makers of products know what needs to be improved. Thoughtful and well-written complaints are gifts that users/customers give to the people who make stuff, and they should be interpreted exactly as that: gifts. If he didn't like or care about FractalAudio, he wouldn't have bothered to take his time to write anything at all, but he does care, and he wants to see things improve, and the way he can help is to offer his feedback.

Critical feedback is not a synonym for complaining.

My wish is to have the FX8 be able to channel switch my EVH 100W head. Has anybody had any success channel switching to a 7 pin input yet?

Praying an FX8 update will enable this function. :(

My wish is to have the FX8 be able to channel switch my EVH 100W head. Has anybody had any success channel switching to a 7 pin input yet?

Praying an FX8 update will enable this function. :(
the EVH 100w head does not have MIDI. it's a custom setup with microcontrollers on both the Amp side and included footswitch. the FX8 can't communicate with something custom like that..

OK-but why "START" a thread like this? If he added to a thread discussing the FX8 that might be perceived differently---But he just started a thread to basically say this sucks about a product he sold months ago? So sorry, no sympathy... never should have started the thread...

I should run everything by you first honcho. Clearly this forum, is no longer that... It has regressed into not allowing subjection and spending more time in feelings and permissive allocation. Feels too PC and tired of having to say things perfectly to get point across without this bullshit of emotion being created.

Yes you are the victim again again...You had no need to start a thread like this since you do not even own the thing anymore-months have gone by. I remember all your posts about before. That was different. I even agreed with you when you said you were going back to the AxefxII
What the heck was the purpose of this thread? . Think about that? You just don't get pal, sad really...

Yes you are the victim again again...You had no need to start a thread like this since you do not even own the thing anymore-months have gone by. I remember all your posts about before. That was different. I even agreed with you when you said you were going back to the AxefxII
What the heck was the purpose of this thread? . Think about that? You just don't get pal, sad really...

My point is that I sold it because of lack of simple functionality and irritated because I'd purchase again and would not have sold if a simple work around would have been made in regards to functionality. Why the hell do you care to lecture me? I don't get it? I am a long time forum member who has an issue with a product I did own. PERIOD. Don't like it....move along. I have said or done nothing out of sorts.

Did you give birth to the FX8? WTF?

Reactions: ang
having more obvious patches for bass would be cool as mentioned. Im not much of a tweaker yet for bass, I'm sure I could find something suitable in this unit, but having FAS come up with something for us bass players would be great!

New firmware is coming soon. The engineers have been devoted to AX-8 for the last five months. Our engineering resources are limited.

We did, however, design the AX-8 and FX-8 to share as much software as possible so a lot of the AX-8 work and functionality will therefore find it's way into the FX-8 update with little effort.

The FX-8 will never have the type of update frequency that the Axe-Fx products have had. It's not that type of product. The vast majority of customers love the product just as it is. We do listen to our customers and if we deem a wish or suggestion to be feasible and desirable then we will attempt to add it, if possible. Did you post your wishes anywhere? We cannot implement features if we are unaware of the request.

Since an official statement has been made, what's the point of the semantics and words splitting battle? The rest is just opinions. Only that. Which in this case value not much

I have to disagree. The lack of a SansAmp Bass Driver equivalent (with that magic "Presence" knob), and the lack of a wah that doesn't tone-suck all the low end away, are both major shortcomings for us bass guitarists. And before anyone jumps in and rants about how this product is "primarily intended for guitar", go read the marketing material on the product page on FAS'es web site, which clearly says the FX-8 is supposed to work equally well for bass. As of right now, it really doesn't.

Did you try adjusting the Min Freq parameter?

I have to disagree. The lack of a SansAmp Bass Driver equivalent (with that magic "Presence" knob), and the lack of a wah that doesn't tone-suck all the low end away, are both major shortcomings for us bass guitarists. And before anyone jumps in and rants about how this product is "primarily intended for guitar", go read the marketing material on the product page on FAS'es web site, which clearly says the FX-8 is supposed to work equally well for bass. As of right now, it really doesn't.

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't a SansAmp Bass Driver equivalent be an amp model? (Technically, an amp model of an amp model.) If so, I wouldn't expect a SansAmp Bass Driver equivalent on the FX8.

As for the wah, I see Yek made a suggestion in this regard. Hopefully that works.

Back
Top Bottom