5 Minute Tones

Yay - You got around to doing the Uber. I recently fell in love with it for metal hi-gain. I set the Input drive a bit lower and the the master volumen a bit higher, but it still gives you that big bottom end (albeit a bit looser) and in your face saturation in the highs - It's just great

We're back - let's fire up the updated Uber!

MEME2020-10-14-04-50-34.jpg

We're back - let's fire up the updated Uber!

Leon.. As always you have out done yourself . Never played through an Ubershall and it is a monster . I've been struggling setting up the MBC correctly and understanding it's parameters .You mention that you've done a video on using the MBC .. Can you post a link for it ? Thanks for all your hard work.

I just found a small sound clip with the Uber including all relevant settings. I am playing a Les Paul standard, not the first shown in the clip.

I tried the D60 more with my s2 SC but wasnt sure we were getting along haha. I'll watch this after work!

Back on the horse with these vids - here's the mighty solo 100!

Hi Leon,

I'm working my way through all your videos it seems. I can't find the slo 100 5 minute tone in axe-change. Is it there at all? Or will this one be a case of manual labor? lol.

Harm

@2112 - I've noticed that when you add drive blocks in your videos that the overall volume doesn't really change. That's not what I get - is there a normalize function in the AFIII that I'm missing?

Thank you for all of the info and videos brother - I love to watch you hit an awesome tone and just break out into a HUGE smile! I've learned more from watching these videos than in months of just poking around.

@2112 - I've noticed that when you add drive blocks in your videos that the overall volume doesn't really change. That's not what I get - is there a normalize function in the AFIII that I'm missing?
If you're running your Amp block with a lot of gain, the Drive won't really change your volume much.

This ↑. High gain sounds are already clipping and compressing like crazy. You're well into the non-linear part of the gain curve so you won't get much level change, mostly just more dirt. Same goes for the opposite way too. Rolling off the guitar volume on high gain sounds doesn't immediately get quieter. Gets cleaner first, then quieter.

...I went through so many IR's with a modded Marshall type sound and it went like this, play, "nope" set pick down or worse hold pick and click on mouse, go to the next IR, play, "nope" hundreds of times to finally realize maybe 10%-15% of these work and the rest don't. I'm learning a few tricks to tweak them into...

I’ve got a tip for tweaking tones. Put a looper block after your input and record a short riff that reflects what sound you’re after, so if you want a specific chuggah chug sound loop a palm muted chuggy riff. Then just keep it playing as you tweak settings/cycle thru IRs or whatever else. Learned that thru Leon I think. Cheers!
Edit: should’ve read all the replies first. Jadon Scott mentioned the looper block. So for the record I second his suggestion.

When I had the Axe-Fx II, I eventually gave up on using the stock IR's because they were too dark and boxy for my tastes. At the time, I was using a Kemper in the loop of the Axe-Fx and really liked the way many of the KPA's cabs sounded, so I ended up capturing a number of them with the Axe's built-in IR capture utility. I'm currently using the Axe-Fx III and find many of the stock IR's extremely usable, and given there are over 2000 of them, there's no lack of variety.

That said, if you want, you're welcome to try some of the newer Kemper cabs I've captured.

Sorry this is like a year later, but which IRs did you capture from the Kemper? Just the stock ones or any from commercial profilers?

Back
Top Bottom