5 Minute Tones

Thanks for posting the preset. Is it geared more for a recording tone or do you think it would work live? Any changes you would make for live use?

I'd have no issue tracking with it, but i'd almost certainly add some post EQ when playing it live and turn the presence down even more to avoid the "icepick highs" thing at high volume. i'd be very curious to know how it translates to your setup with the Friedman monitors.

I'd have no issue tracking with it, but i'd almost certainly add some post EQ when playing it live and turn the presence down even more to avoid the "icepick highs" thing at high volume. i'd be very curious to know how it translates to your setup with the Friedman monitors.
I got a chance to crank it up a bit through my CLR’s tonight with FW 5.0 beta and holy cow... just wow. Sounded fantastic. Tons of kerrang, chunkyness and squanch! My Friedman’s are at practice so I’ll give it a go through them next week.

I got a chance to crank it up a bit through my CLR’s tonight with FW 5.0 beta and holy cow... just wow. Sounded fantastic. Tons of kerrang, chunkyness and squanch! My Friedman’s are at practice so I’ll give it a go through them next week.

That's really great to hear. I'm going to be dialling in a few love presets this week and this one has shot to the top of the list.

The AC-20 models are awesome fun. Very responsive to any guitar I’ve tried with it.

Yeah they play nice with a variety of cabs too. They're a very easy to get sitting in a mix quickly which is very handy too.

Wow! Thx Leon. Just discovered the Matchless as I always used the the AC-20 for my Vox tones.
Adding the SDD drive in front is brilliant.

That’s some serious amount of treble you have there. :flushed:

Yeah this is pushing "jangle" to the limits but it's more or less how I've recorded with this amp before, mostly on poppy stuff where the guitar needs to cut through layers of synths. The bass models are very nifty if this is too bright.

Wow! Thx Leon. Just discovered the Matchless as I always used the the AC-20 for my Vox tones.
Adding the SDD drive in front is brilliant.

Try the Boutique models while you're at it :)

@yek turned me onto the SDD, it's so good!

Last edited:
Yeah this is pushing "jangle" to the limits but it's more or less how I've recorded with this amp before, mostly on poppy stuff where the guitar needs to cut through layers of synths.

And it didn’t get lost in the cymbals? Interesting.

I love that Class A example, although I prefer (in the AX8) the Class-A 30W TB to the Morgan. I would find it very difficult not to add the optocomp 1 after the amp, and maybe some spring reverb in front of the amp - That works really well with these amps as well.

I love that Class A example, although I prefer (in the AX8) the Class-A 30W TB to the Morgan. I would find it very difficult not to add the optocomp 1 after the amp, and maybe some spring reverb in front of the amp - That works really well with these amps as well.
The optocomp is just gorgeous with those amps. The Boutique and Matchbox models are a cool spin on this vibe.

Now for something completely different -

The optocomp is just gorgeous with those amps. The Boutique and Matchbox models are a cool spin on this vibe.

Now for something completely different -

Leon, I also tend to like brighter tones. Your recto sound is killer!

Is that a new Ragdoll song at the end of the video? I hope so. I can’t wait for the next album!

Yeah that's fresh Ragdoll stuff - looking forward to getting out it there.

Love the new riffs man
Can i request a tutorial on the Whammy. When yiu have sime time ?? Using it as a rythm
Tool like Shinedown do in Sound of Madness or their newest Devil song

I think it just a octave up /but i would love to see how thats set up and done

Back
Top Bottom