5 Minute Tones

Thank you Leon!

Using the Looper, scrolling through cabs with the up/down keys, searching and color coding are all very efficient ways of auditioning I.R.'s.

The Looper idea is great on so many levels.

The five minute form is good too, since the average watch time is two minutes on You Tube. This allows people to get the info and then get to work.

Thanks again! ;)

@bishop5150 I was playing around with that amp last night and was really digging how versatile it was - everything from 80s metal to modern djenty stuff. It can also do the Soldano thing which makes me pretty happy.

@Toowoombaus I figure the long videos are good for my fellow nerds, but most of the time we want to plug in and play with minimum fuss so I'm glad that these are hitting the spot.

@axedude do you think something like a video manual be handy?

I would love to see more of the entire cab block now that you have picked the IR
what about room, reflections plus the speaker tab compliance speaker drive , compression , lo hi cuts resonant freq etc

I think for me at least a more in depth review of speaker page and the room in the cab .

killer series so far

Using the Looper, scrolling through cabs with the up/down keys, searching and color coding are all very efficient ways of auditioning I.R.'s.
So I gave Leon’s approach a try and it made a huge difference and saved a lot of time.

The biggest difference which is invaluable in my opinion is using the looper.
The objectivity inherent in this approach is immediate.
Listening to a loop without hearing the guitar ringing out acoustically is a completely different experience.
I’m convinced it uses another part of my brain.
Focusing on one thing at a time i.e., switching IR’s and making other adjustments is a godsend!
Thank you Leon!

As Randelljax mentioned, additional videos on other cab block controls would be very useful too.
Although, I would stick to the five minute form for many reasons, most importantly it’s easier to digest in smaller chunks and I think people wouldn’t bail out after a few minutes.

I'll do an in depth look at the cab block as well as some shorter vids around it soon.

If you want to take the looper trick to the next level use the same cab selection approach while you reamp a DI track over USB in a mix. That has been an absolute godsend for the guitar tones on the new Ragdoll album I'm working on.

If you want to take the looper trick to the next level use the same cab selection approach while you reamp a DI track over USB in a mix. That has been an absolute godsend for the guitar tones on the new Ragdoll album I'm working on.
OK, I'll give it a try. Makes sense... Are you doing this while tracking, or as you're working on the tracks and getting things to fit sonically as you continue recording? and/or do you wait until you are mixing?
These days the concept of "mixing" is a blurry line. I'm usually mixing as I record and then come back to it after a week or so to do some final passes.

Listening to a loop without hearing the guitar ringing out acoustically is a completely different experience. I’m convinced it uses another part of my brain.

Yeah, using this producer/mixer facet gives very good results, once you have the tones ready forget about it and just play guitar, it's like having fun after work.

I don't typically like the V30 sound, but your mix is really cool. Any chance you've shared that in the past, or could share it now ?

I'd really appreciate it !

THANKS !

Great video Leon! I really like the BE C45 also, with Ideal saturation on. Definitely one of my favorites in the III. I throw on some Celestion Lynchback IRs and let her rip.

THANKS ! For some reason I snagged the GB Mix ..., but not the V30 Mix ( doh ) !

And I couldn't find them in the search ?!?

Got it now !

Here's the latest installment with the mighty Friedman BE. This one sounds good with just about anything you throw at it!

I *really* liked this one Leon! The BE is amazingly versatile, you coaxed absolutely fantastic different tones from it. I had to look up how much the real amp costs, OMG!

Back
Top Bottom