5 Minute Tones

Thank you for this, I am really interested in the Quad-Tap delay portion of the video, and how you set that up. Is this the same as running 2 delays in parallel with a chorus pedal in the loop of the delay? Is the chorus just on the repeats?

Two delay lines are shorter and dedicated to chorus while two are longer echoes. I'll have to check the wiki or the manual to see how they're routed.

I love these 5 minute tones vids Leon. I've learnt heaps from these and are able to apply some of the learnings to other amps which is great. Wondering if you could do a 5 minute tone vid on the Orange Rockerverb or AD30? Maybe both? Would love to see what you come up with.

Wonderful idea. On it.
Thank you! One thing that will help me and others is to show what the bass itself sounds like on it’s own before it hits what you dial in. With active pickups and active tone controls bass tone can really vary.

Thank you Leon.

Last edited:
Haven't played with the Brit #34....

Always impressive, Leon. Thanks.

I've been sitting with a real JVM410H on my desk all day, being piped through the new BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander. It's a formidable combo and the latter is going to be welcome in a lot of studios, I feel. But I just had to do the comparison - real JVM410H OD1 Red compared the Axe-FX III version. For the record, I'll take the Axe-FX III version all day, every day. It's tighter, less moody, far more predictable and about 20kgs lighter. :D

Always impressive, Leon. Thanks.

I've been sitting with a real JVM410H on my desk all day, being piped through the new BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander. It's a formidable combo and the latter is going to be welcome in a lot of studios, I feel. But I just had to do the comparison - real JVM410H OD1 Red compared the Axe-FX III version. For the record, I'll take the Axe-FX III version all day, every day. It's tighter, less moody, far more predictable and about 20kgs lighter. :D

I've been meaning to check out a JVM properly since they came out, so that's always encouraging to hear. If we could get a DSL added to the Axe I'd probably never turn my Marshalls on again.

[QUOTE="Burgs, post: 1778735, member: 31425"
I've been sitting with a real JVM410H on my desk all day, being piped through the new BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander. It's a formidable combo and the latter is going to be welcome in a lot of studios :D[/QUOTE]

The real question begs.....what did you do to get one of them before they have been released and lucky you for doing so!
Sounds like a great setup!

Back
Top Bottom