• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

5 Minute Tones

la szum

Fractal Fanatic
Probably -20 Celsius. Just saying. :)

Still cold, but not -20F cold.

Just messing with ya @sprint. :)

Kind of nuts to think 25F was the temp in Seattle overnight.... coldest ever recorded. And that is
after a summer when they set the highest temp ever recorded in Seattle. We have clearly
NOT fucked up the Planet, have we????

If I was a teenager I would be so pissed off!!!

Rex

Legend!
Cool! I went out last night for a walk. I love walking at night when no one else is smart/dumb enough to do so. :)
Oh, yeah. Give me 65°F with a vigorous breeze, and the streets to myself. I could take that walk for hours, back when my knees didn't have an attitude of their own.

sprint

Fractal Fanatic
Probably -20 Celsius. Just saying. :)

Still cold, but not -20F cold.
yup - Celsius: -9C right now - warmed up a bit since earlier today @ -11/-12 C with a "feel like" temp lower.

we switched to Celsius in the mid 70s - my father still sticks to Fahrenheit and complains: "damn frickin Celsius! I can't figur it out"

Gl4th

Experienced
UPDATE - I've updated this post to include a playlist to all the videos in the series, which I will keep updated as new videos are added.

I've seen more comments along the lines of "But I don't want to spend hours tweaking, I just want to play" pop up on my videos recently, so I decided to start a little series which is more focussed on dialling tones quickly and easily. Here's the first which deals with the USA C++, an all time favourite.

If you've got suggestions for amps or effects you'd like to see given this treatment let me know!

Mesa combo.

I can’t recreate exactly the tone I have/had with real amps: Mark V (1x12 C90), Triple Crown (1X12 V30).

It’s something you can try easily even if you have not the amp, there are demos on the Meas YouTube channel.

squealie

Experienced
Thanks Leon!

I'm a subscriber. I think you're doing fantastic work with your vids. I also think you've improved in every way over the last few years.

Anyways, this last '5 minute tones' and your JP2C+ preset has been a launchpad to the absolute best sound I've ever had. Thank you.

I also copied the basic knobs from the 'Yellow' model to my old Axe-2 (USA Pre LD2 Ylw) and am amazed at how it breathed life into that box. The 3 is slightly more 3D but the Axe-2 is breathing fire like it never has.

To anyone interested... turn the gain down as low as your metal-heart can stand it, then put a TS808 in front for that last push. This thing loves a Rotary too.

I play mine through YA mesa OS IRs. But the fun is cranking it through a giant poweramp and stereo 4x12s.

Top Bottom