5 Minute Tones - FM3

Great reminder about negative feedback! There are so many ways to tweak the low end (depth, bass, input eq, negative feedback).

Looking forward to playing around with this later today when the FM3 arrives!

These Friedman presets are amazing. Thank you Leon for all your videos, tips, and shared presets. Really awesome stuff!

Hi Leon,

Would this be covered under tones you've already made, or could perhaps "5 Minute Tones - Savatage" be a future installment? Thank you for everything you do to contribute to the Fractal community, I'm very grateful!

Leon - I’ve gone back to see your videos on the axe-fx iii as well, as the tips and principles of finding tones, etc. translate well to the FM3. I’m using your multiband compressor block settings and parametric EQ block settings as a starting point for high-gain tone patches and getting great results on my own presets. Setup is the FM3 through a pair of Kali LP-6 monitors.

The FM3 is the first modeler that’s made me want to simplify my tube amp life a bit (have a Mesa Mark V 35, Rectoverb 25, and a Friedman JJ Jr). It would be hard to part with any of these, but I’m getting such great tones with the FM3 that I might just move one on.

Thanks again for all of the time and effort you put into your videos!

@Chris Naish From memory I used the USA IIC++ for the Savatage 5 Killer Riffs vid I did a while back but I wasn't chasing a specific tone there.

@jman that's awesome to hear and exactly what i hope to achieve with these vids - there's so many great tools for creating your own sound in here.

A guy I've known for years posted your ISO session video on Facebook yesterday and I was like "I know that band and Leon"! I know I don't really know you but I feel like I do from this great community and all your great work. Thank you brother! And also, I'm not far from where they Have Rocklahoma and all my friends go every year, they probably saw you guys!

Twenty years ago you guys would have been all over the radio and moving hundreds of thousands of CD's. Shame that today it's limited to streaming!

I'm definitely in FM3 withdrawals and looking forward to getting mine back and playing with this model! Always fun to tinker with new models.

Leon, did you ever play with the Dirty Shirley model much? I liked it for that creamy drive tone.

@REDD that's wild - who was it? Rocklahoma always attracted so many people from different backgrounds which is what made it so fun.

@Jarick I used it in the 4CM video I did recently as an example of a great low gain Marshall style amp to use as a preamp into a tube power amp but haven't spent enough time with it in the box recently. I'll have to do it next!

@REDD that's wild - who was it? Rocklahoma always attracted so many people from different backgrounds which is what made it so fun.

@Jarick I used it in the 4CM video I did recently as an example of a great low gain Marshall style amp to use as a preamp into a tube power amp but haven't spent enough time with it in the box recently. I'll have to do it next!
His name is Mike Mcquerter. He's a guitar player I've known since we were teenagers. I went and looked at his page and I was wrong. It's playing God he posted.

Hey Leon, I really enjoyed the custom scales tutorial. Great information with wonderful and creative demos.
Thanks very much.

Back
Top Bottom