5 Minute Tones - FM3

@2112 I (and my bass player) would love a 5 minute tones for bass on the FM3 where you build the preset from scratch

Have a few scenes, funky, clean, dirty etc

something like a DUFF GK kinda tone maybe? Some chorus?

@ ToneDriven

Hi Tone (all)

I know Burgs, having worked with him and his brother in a past life ... lovely guy and an awesome player ...

He put out a video on YouTube recently - MarShells for Fractal Audio FM3 (I can't post a link yet due to being a newbie!).

There is a bit of Eddie going on towards the end - well worth a look ...

Cheers

Doogz

@ ToneDriven

Hi Tone (all)

I know Burgs, having worked with him and his brother in a past life ... lovely guy and an awesome player ...

He put out a video on YouTube recently - MarShells for Fractal Audio FM3 (I can't post a link yet due to being a newbie!).

There is a bit of Eddie going on towards the end - well worth a look ...

Cheers

Doogz
Thanks Doogz! You are a lucky man to have been in the presence of such greatness then, but you already knew that... Burgs is brilliant at this Fractal stuff, not to mention a remarkable player with a seemingly kind, generous, and humble personality - rare attributes from such an intelligent guitar master. Anyway, I saw that vid and downloaded it immediately (anything from Burgs is an instant download). Yes, there is some Eddie in there, but nothing like the Burgs Brownies... I'm going to have to buy an AX3 if I want those tones: sheer magic across all those scenes - I can't imagine how many hours and days he sunk into all that genius going on in that EVH Preset - Its probably half the reason I pulled the trigger on this FM3 and I doubt I'll ever see a better preset. I'm going to have to learn to live without it as I can't afford an AX3 and I'm afraid the FM3 will never be able to digest those special Brownies that Burgs threw in there... I've spent days freezing and re-booting my FM3 trying to get that Preset to work...

Hi Leon,
Another idea for a 5 min video would be to revisit the classic “LT Synth” patch for AF3.
Can you aqueeeeze that out of the FM3 ?
Cheers !

Thanks Doogz! You are a lucky man to have been in the presence of such greatness then, but you already knew that... Burgs is brilliant at this Fractal stuff, not to mention a remarkable player with a seemingly kind, generous, and humble personality - rare attributes from such an intelligent guitar master. Anyway, I saw that vid and downloaded it immediately (anything from Burgs is an instant download). Yes, there is some Eddie in there, but nothing like the Burgs Brownies... I'm going to have to buy an AX3 if I want those tones: sheer magic across all those scenes - I can't imagine how many hours and days he sunk into all that genius going on in that EVH Preset - Its probably half the reason I pulled the trigger on this FM3 and I doubt I'll ever see a better preset. I'm going to have to learn to live without it as I can't afford an AX3 and I'm afraid the FM3 will never be able to digest those special Brownies that Burgs threw in there... I've spent days freezing and re-booting my FM3 trying to get that Preset to work...

i will try later an see if i can edit it for you
the main things you really need
is the flanger phaser echoplex and plate verb blocks and the amp
it should be doable

i will try later an see if i can edit it for you
the main things you really need
is the flanger phaser echoplex and plate verb blocks and the amp
it should be doable
Be still my beating heart, I’m trying to NOT think about that preset anymore (I need therapy) - it’s so FN cool, but please have a go at it particularly the BritBown Scene 1, the Atomica Scene 2, and the FAS Brown Scene 6, and if there’s ANY CPU left >the Vesuvius Scene 8 with the Univox sweep delay thing with the modifier for Eruption would be AWESOME! Just a killer KILLER Preset. Burgs should be super proud. You the MAN just for trying. BIG THANKS👍👍🤘🤘

Hey Leon !

Ben here. Does your FM3 have the Headphone Jack -or- is your unit from the initial batch of the "headphoneless" ones ? 👍

Ben

Here's the latest installment, focusing on lead delays

this is a good one @2112
i always kind of struggle w delay
and prefer using a verb as it stays out of the way
i find delays kind of clutter and trip me up if i am playing a fast run it makes it actually much more difficult for me
figured i just set the delay wrong

Awesome video as always @2112 :blush: On the topic of delays I'm a new Fractal user with an FM3 and am currently trying to replicate some of my favourite pedals, one of them being the Boss DM-2. I saw your video on the DM-2 back in January and am wondering if you have any advice on how to replicate it? I've been searching the forums, but the little I've found seems to be for legacy products.

Also your preset for the DC-2W SDD-320 mode is fantastic. Seems super close if not the exact same when I compared it side by side to my pedal. I'm going to use your presets as a starting point to try and match my DC-2 as well since it's somewhat different from the DC-2W SDD-320 mode, but not too far off.

Thanks @2112 for the tips on the DM-2!

Great work with the Friedman video. I love 5 Minute Tones for learning tips and tricks on how to utilize the different amp models in a quick digestible format.

This is my first post and my first Fractal product (FM3+FC6).

I’ve been playing for about 35 years and have exclusively used tube amps for the past 20 years - currently a Friedman JJ Jr and a Mesa Mark V 35, both through a V30 loaded Mesa 212 cab. I’ve tried a few modelers in the past but never got the results I was hoping for.

Leon - the work you’ve posted on the FM3 (have caught up on every YouTube video you’ve done) has made the FM3 immediately accessible to me in terms of finding tones and dialing them in. THANK YOU!!! I hope you continue to share presets and ideas!

Back
Top Bottom