5 hours looking for escaped young cat

1poorplayer

Power User
E0CDFB75-B452-4B91-A439-82B14501212F.png B3B134C0-FB82-4C37-A41D-3C252557EFB5.png We have 3 dogs. Great Dane , Boxer , and a Yorkie/Bishon mix ( that watches tv and attacks all other animals - on tv )
So my 14 year old son wanted a cat in November. I was like .. No Way , the dogs will go crazy , yadda , yadda.
So I buy the cat. ( I know ) and low and behold , they all get along. Best kitten ever.
Indoor only cat.
5 o’clock rolls around tonight..... anyone seen the kitten today ? Nope. Then I remember when one of the boys went to school this morning, the front door didn’t latch and was left wide open.
From 6 PM until 11 PM we looked EVERYWHERE inside and out , finally going to bed , cat presumably outside , 17 degrees.
I get back out of bed , for one last look out the window , kitten is on the doorstep.
I ordered this tonight.
CAT TAILER The Smallest and Lightest Bluetooth Waterproof Cat Tracker with 328 ft Range and 6 Month Battery Life Amazon product ASIN B07DLFT8ZC

If it does happen again, leaving a pile of your clothes at the door will attract the kitty (your smells in the clothes will waft around and draw it in), happy it turned out well!

Nice your kitty found its way home.....congrats...
But ....
Has anyone seen the pertinent episode( #3 I believe) of Love, Death and Robots...seek it out to be creeped out (in a good way IMO.)

Lucky kitty!

May not have been so lucky at my place. We’ve had to start leashing the dogs when we take them out. I also carry a baseball bat with me. So far we’ve seen 3 in total and they’ve already killed one dog in the neighbourhood. They howl and scream every night and wake everyone up. Apparently, they’re marking their turf.

E39BC289-6C32-4C1C-ADB1-06A651C3751D.jpeg

May not have been so lucky at my place. We’ve had to start leashing the dogs when we take them out. I also carry a baseball bat with me. So far we’ve seen 3 in total and they’ve already killed one dog in the neighbourhood. They howl and scream every night and wake everyone up. Apparently, they’re marking their turf.

View attachment 53433
Coyote or wolf?

View attachment 53433

Ugh. We have those around here too. Lots. Another reason she was a Lucky Kitty.

But ....
Has anyone seen the pertinent episode( #3 I believe) of Love, Death and Robots...seek it out to be creeped out (in a good way IMO.)

My 15 year old turned me on to this. I’ll have to check and see what 2 episodes we watched. Good AND crazy.

But ....

I like quality animation and I’ve been all about that series. Good stuff!!

Coyote or wolf?

Coyote’s, I think. They could also be coy-wolves, which are a hybrid in the area...great hunters like a wolf and not shy at all, like coyotes. As you can see, they have no problem walking around in broad daylight. There have been two cases that I know of, just outside of Toronto, where coy-wolves have taken small dogs right off the leash in the backyards of subdivisions. They are becoming a real problem as they have no natural predators and there are less and less hunters in the area. They’ve been spotted all up and down a trail on an abandoned rail line, that runs right through the middle of town.

We once spent 6 hours looking for our roommate's cat. The roommate was out of town for the weekend and we were looking after it, and though it had slipped out the door. We were in the process of printing lost cat posters when on a whim I decided to move her bed. The cat had hidden itself in the corner between the wall and the bedpost...

Coyote’s, I think. They could also be coy-wolves, which are a hybrid in the area...great hunters like a wolf and not shy at all, like coyotes. As you can see, they have no problem walking around in broad daylight. There have been two cases that I know of, just outside of Toronto, where coy-wolves have taken small dogs right off the leash in the backyards of subdivisions. They are becoming a real problem as they have no natural predators and there are less and less hunters in the area. They’ve been spotted all up and down a trail on an abandoned rail line, that runs right through the middle of town.
We have lots of coyotes in my area but they usually keep their distance and my dog knows better than to chase after them. Coy-wolves sound absolutely terrifying though....yikes

Some 'indoor' cats really want to be outdoor. Usually it wears off after a couple of years and the few times they go out is for five minutes only. But yes, never let cats out after dark.

We once spent 6 hours looking for our roommate's cat. The roommate was out of town for the weekend and we were looking after it, and though it had slipped out the door. We were in the process of printing lost cat posters when on a whim I decided to move her bed. The cat had hidden itself in the corner between the wall and the bedpost...

I hear that. Last time we couldn’t find her , she was sleeping in a closet. ( door was open )
Cats are funny creatures. Dogs come when you call them. Cats ....... not always.

But ....

You know Brad , I got looking at your post , and I don’t think you really give a f@*k about my kitty.
You’re more interested in busting my “saved the cat” thread ( with pics ) , - to talk about cartoons.
Episode 3 is called The Witness.
I saw episodes 1 and 4.

You know Brad , I got looking at your post , and I don’t think you really give a f@*k about my kitty.
You’re more interested in busting my “saved the cat” thread ( with pics ) , - to talk about cartoons.
Episode 3 is called The Witness.
I saw episodes 1 and 4.
try #2

Back
Top Bottom