5.07 Upgrade Instructions....Can't Get Past Step 1!

Tonemaster

Inspired
Java, I tried to follow your instructions. I installed AE 273 and I get the same problem I had before with Sync...I can't get past 1%. I had this problem before I upgraded to 5.04 and I was hoping the AE upgrade for that (267) would help and it didn't and neither does 273.

I haven't used AE for 2 weeks due to the various issues. Patches don't load into AE and I frequently get "MIDI Image Size Errors". parameters don't load or sync between the Axe and AE. I summarized and submitted this issue to support and Mat said the upcoming fixes would take care of it.

I'm on Win 7, 5.04 and now AE 273. I use MFC101 but taking that out of the loop makes no difference. I use USB MIDI. I use (or try to use) Global Blocks.

Thankfully the Axe II works but I'm on pins and needles with that considering everything that's going on and was very reluctant to even go through your update instructions.

I'm stuck!

Which version of the USB drivers are you using ?? 1.50.0 - I hope. If they are installed correctly, right click on the icon in the system tray, select restore and you info in the popup window. If not, re-install the drivers.

You could try using some other midi filer (MidiOX, C6 or SendSX) to upgrade the firmware.

I'm also on Win7 (x64) and have completed NUMEROUS fw and AE upgrades with no real issues.

Well 273 has back up n sync issues so that's not going to help you.

I would contact fractal support regarding the midi size errors.

I assume you've tried a different cable?

You can always use bones sendsx to back up your banks.

Well 273 has back up n sync issues so that's not going to help you.

I would contact fractal support regarding the midi size errors.

I assume you've tried a different cable?

You can always use bones sendsx to back up your banks.

I've contacted them but that was before the 5.04 mess and they thought my problems were part of that, and to be honest, I don't know if they were or weren't. I'll try another USB cable and I will contact them again. Thanks for your help guys....I just hope I can get this cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom