[5.02b] FC-Per Preset placeholder option on stand-in does not work [fixed]

moerker

Experienced
Using 5.02b, I encountered a behavior which was not present in 5.01 (or prior):
I use an external stand-in switch, set up correctly. The first switch enables the tuner, the second switch enables a preset specific per-preset override. The tuner option works, the per-preset override option does not work.
  • [broken] changed switch functions - problem now appears on the other switch,
  • [broken] changed per-preset override to tuner - did not work,
  • [worked] use any other option than per-preset override for the stand-in switch
Attached (hopefully) all necessary data

Attachments

• Detritus.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • {stand-in switch}.fclayout
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
  • FM3-220331-160731-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
In the configuration attached above the "Switch 1 Ring Polarity" is set to NORMALLY OPEN while "Switch 1 Tip Polarity" is set to NORMALLY CLOSED. Is this intentional?

Yes, I had to replace one switch on the footswitch which required this combination to get it to work.
To rule it out as the cause of the problem, I also changed those options, no effect. As I stated, this only happens for the per-preset option, other configurations work fine.

I downgraded to 5.01, and now everything works fine with the same settings.

Last edited:
just confirming the setup:

you have a Stand-In switch set to control - let's say - Layout 1, Switch 1.
when the Stand-In controls L1S1's Global function - let's say tuner - the Tuner engages as expected, right?
now clear L1S1's Global function so it's None (just to avoid false positive)
assign PP#1 as an Override to L1S1, and set PP#1 to Tuner - you're saying the Tuner does NOT work with the Stand-In as an Override?

Yes, I had to replace one switch on the footswitch which required this combination to get it to work.
To rule it out as the cause of the problem, I also changed those options, no effect. As I stated, this only happens for the per-preset option, other configurations work fine.

I downgraded to 5.01, and now everything works fine with the same settings.
i don't experience the issue. using the setup i listed in my previous post, the Stand-In switch works on either the main/global function, or the override.

just confirming the setup:

you have a Stand-In switch set to control - let's say - Layout 1, Switch 1.
when the Stand-In controls L1S1's Global function - let's say tuner - the Tuner engages as expected, right?
now clear L1S1's Global function so it's None (just to avoid false positive)
assign PP#1 as an Override to L1S1, and set PP#1 to Tuner - you're saying the Tuner does NOT work with the Stand-In as an Override?
Indeed

I've recorded a video about the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/td54ndffga61hw9/firmware_5.02b_standin.mp4

First I'll show the behavior on the 5.01, working as expected. After performing the update to 5.02b and not touching any settings, I'll show the bug.
ohhh ok this video really helped.

you used the term "Override" in the title and first post, but "Override" is a specific function. when i tested Override, it works.

you aren't using "Override" but instead Placeholder, where the switch will have its function filled in by the Per-Preset definitions always. an Override is different.

when i match what you do in the video, i can reproduce this. i'll report this to the developers.

ohhh ok this video really helped.

you used the term "Override" in the title and first post, but "Override" is a specific function. when i tested Override, it works.

you aren't using "Override" but instead Placeholder, where the switch will have its function filled in by the Per-Preset definitions always. an Override is different.

when i match what you do in the video, i can reproduce this. i'll report this to the developers.
Oh, them terms!
I'll change the title accordingly :)

@BryantP Per Preset Placeholders via Stand-In switches are not working on my FC-12 and Axe III as well BTW. Same behavior as above. Per Preset Overrides work fine via stand-in switch, but not placeholders. 1.12 FW on the FC-12 (MK1) and 19.05 on the III.

Back
Top Bottom