4U Rack Case with wheels?

I'm looking for a 4U rack mount case to house my XL and Matrix Poweramp but preferably one that I can wheel around like a suitcase :) I found a Gator case that does just that but it appears to be too shallow to house an Axe-FX :/

Has anyone got any recommendations? My price range is something around £80 ($130)

Cheers

there are only 2 worth looking at in my opinion. And I have looked at them all

The gator is great honestly, however because of my touring I just couldn't trust it with TSA. It actually rolls much better than the SKB listed below, and is perfect for local gigging.
Amazon product ASIN B003ELQ2YK

The SKB however has TSA latches, and even though it doesnt roll as nice, it's the only way to fly. I also like the handle of the Gator better than this. But you gotta do what you gotta do for safety
Amazon product ASIN B001LNO9Q6
They have rails both front and rear, so I have my AxeFXII, Matrix 2 space in front, Furman and wireless in back. All at 49lbs ready to fly baby!!!!!!!

hope that helps

I have the Gator G-PROR-4U-19
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GProR4
I bought it secondhand with my Axe FX RAC 12 and Furman power conditioner. The Axe FX fits fine with plenty of room for cables.
To be honest the telescoping handle doesn't feel that sturdy but I haven't had any problems with it.
As rnjscooter said it's great for local gigging

I ended up going with the SKB Roto Rolling Rack Case 6U (Model 1SKB-R6W). Musicians Friend had it for %20 off with free shipping so I couldn't resist.

I'm looking for a 4U rack mount case to house my XL and Matrix Poweramp but preferably one that I can wheel around like a suitcase :) I found a Gator case that does just that but it appears to be too shallow to house an Axe-FX :/

Has anyone got any recommendations? My price range is something around £80 ($130)

Cheers
Roto molded plastic cases are way more precious than 130 quid. Pelican set that trend at the beginning of GWOT and no one's let off since.

Heads Up!
Maytech Music Systems http://www.maytechmusic.com/ is working on a 4 space roller rack right now for me.
Might cost a little more than the other options but I'm excited to see what they come up with. Especially with their experience on the FX8 (me thinks) pedalboard trolley! ;-)

Last edited:
I'm going to be another vote for a regular rack and a cart. I had a 4U rolling rack for a while, and it actually rattled loose screws from the Axe-fx lid. The little tiny wheels do TERRIBLE over bumps, and it puts a crazy amount of vibration into whatever is mounted inside. These days I use a 4U rack and a rocknroller cart. It's a much better overall solution and I have the cart for other things.

Note to fractal...there's no sign of any mechanism to lock the screws on the lid. Nylon patch, dab of Loctite, lock washer. Granted I don't know if they've upgraded things since my MKI, but I would think something that is housed in a rack and goes through lots of vibration would be designed for it.

Back
Top Bottom