4CM

Jandrezedouard

Inspired
Hi everyone. Even if my Axe Fx 3 is wonderful in 4CM and dead quiet with a Humbuster cable, sometimes I feel I loose some warmth/low end. Would it be better to use an isolation box (Lehle) than a Humbuster cable?

I feel the same way. With both my FM9 and Axe III, I do sense a slight tonal shift. It's not a bit deal, but it's not 100% transparent. I don't have an answer, but I am interested to hear what others have to say.

Interestingly enough, though, I hear a slight loss of high-end, not low-end.

4CM means: Guitar -> A/D - D/A -> Amp -> A/D - D/A -> Cab
There will be some delay and you loose something in the signal path. Fractal have high quality components but I have never been satisfied with 4CM solutions.

I feel the same way. With both my FM9 and Axe III, I do sense a slight tonal shift. It's not a bit deal, but it's not 100% transparent. I don't have an answer, but I am interested to hear what others have to say.

Interestingly enough, though, I hear a slight loss of high-end, not low-end.
It may be a phase issue?... I'm not sure but the solution provided above will rectify it, if it is indeed the problem.

Running guitar > input 1 > output 3 (with the output knob maxed) > amplifier input I also hear a loss of high frequency detail compared to plugging directly into the amp input.

any time you add something to the signal path, you're going to affect the sound to some degree, even if it's usually too small to notice.

i'm not sure what y'all are expecting Cliff to do

any time you add something to the signal path, you're going to affect the sound to some degree, even if it's usually too small to notice.

i'm not sure what y'all are expecting Cliff to do
Since it's signal straight through the Axe without any immediately apparent reason for coloration and also the A/D and D/A department being so strong in the Axe, I think everybody's just interested to know what could be causing the high loss effect.

Back
Top Bottom