4CM

Have not tried the 4CM yet. I did just today put FX all thru the front of my tube amp, and so far it is working and sounding fantastic. Some presets have OD and time based FX. I am not sure I will even use the 4CM. I might have thru amp and direct FOH presets to utilize the amp/cab modeling in the future.

If you have an FM3 modeler or similar and an amp with an effects loop, there are only two way you should use them together.

Into the loop return or 4CM.
My opinion anyways.

I don’t know why anyone would choose to put it all in front of the amp.

I have asked and asked.... just want to see the scene midi block in use changing your amps channels while changing scenes.......

Anyone?

Plz?

:p

If you have an FM3 modeler or similar and an amp with an effects loop, there are only two way you should use them together.

My opinion anyways.

The reason I put it all thru the front of my amp was simply step by step progress toward finding what will work best for me, using simplest methods first.
My first practice with the FM3 proved I needed a good FRFR monitor if I want to utilize the factory presets I found very useful. I was running thru a JBL EON 10 at first, not loud enough, then went into an EV 15 inch that had booming bass.... So instead of tuning my presets for the next practice, I started with just using FX into the front of my amp. I am using the OD pedal selections to get my gain, but really missing the tone of my tube amp. At some point I will explore using a midi to change amp channels as well.
My next step is to order the Atomic CLR which I just got an invite for, and continue to use my tube amp with OUT 2, and have some presets setup thru OUT 1 into the CLR. Then I will have the best of both worlds.

I do not gig every weekend. Most of our gigs are just a couple times a year for area barn parties, so lugging a half stack and a CLR is not a big deal every few months.

The reason I put it all thru the front of my amp was simply step by step progress toward finding what will work best for me, using simplest methods first.
My first practice with the FM3 proved I needed a good FRFR monitor if I want to utilize the factory presets I found very useful. I was running thru a JBL EON 10 at first, not loud enough, then went into an EV 15 inch that had booming bass.... So instead of tuning my presets for the next practice, I started with just using FX into the front of my amp. I am using the OD pedal selections to get my gain, but really missing the tone of my tube amp. At some point I will explore using a midi to change amp channels as well.
My next step is to order the Atomic CLR which I just got an invite for, and continue to use my tube amp with OUT 2, and have some presets setup thru OUT 1 into the CLR. Then I will have the best of both worlds.

I do not gig every weekend. Most of our gigs are just a couple times a year for area barn parties, so lugging a half stack and a CLR is not a big deal every few months.
You could use the global EQ of Out 1 to reduce bass going into the EV speaker. Then you avoid changing every preset.

You could use the global EQ of Out 1 to reduce bass going into the EV speaker. Then you avoid changing every preset.
Thanks Chris. After getting some more time with the Fm3 yesterday, I did figure that out. The downfall with me is I have not had much time to learn it, and did not want to spend practice time figuring out the magic box. Plus the EV was a temp fix to the CLR plan. I really prefer the guitar tone behind me, not in front.

My opinion anyways.

I realize this is your opinion but in my experience, with the AX8, going into the front of an amp with an effects loop may be the better sounding option. Some people may read your comment and automatically presume that it's not going to sound good going into the front of the amp and miss out on the solution that works for them.

I realize this is your opinion but in my experience, with the AX8, going into the front of an amp with an effects loop may be the better sounding option. Some people may read your comment and automatically presume that it's not going to sound good going into the front of the amp and miss out on the solution that works for them.

I thought running thru the front sounded awesome. Not even sure I will need 4CM, but I have not had much time with the current setup yet.

That might not help much. What you'll probably get is the sound of the amp, recorded through someone's cell phone. Not pleasant.
My original post was requesting a video from Mark - Mark makes good videos.
Mark said that he used the FM3 with his Friedman amp which and that is exactly what I want to do. I want to hear the sound of the amp (exactly). To gauge how the FM3 performs as an effects unit - how pure the process retains the sound -of the Friedman - if there is any hum created..and such.

My original post was requesting a video from Mark - Mark makes good videos.
Mark said that he used the FM3 with his Friedman amp which and that is exactly what I want to do. I want to hear the sound of the amp (exactly). To gauge how the FM3 performs as an effects unit - how pure the process retains the sound -of the Friedman - if there is any hum created..and such.
Yes, Mark makes excellent videos. But even if he makes a 4CM video, you still won’t hear “the sound of the amp (exactly).” You’ll hear the sound of a close-miked cab through whatever mic he’s using, and in whatever room he records in. If you’re concerned about hum and noise, Fractal makes the most noise-free stuff there is.

I get why you want a video. I just don’t think it’ll tell you much.

Back
Top Bottom