4CM with two amps + stereo output stompbox

SockPuppet

Inspired
Hi there!

I have this crazy setup here that I'm trying to wrap my head around.

I'm running two Dual Rectifiers independent of each other into each cabinet (so basically two amps setup the same for a stereo effect). Now here's the problem; I'm also using the 4CM method to be able to chose where my axe fx goes in the signal chain. But I also have another Roland mfx with stereo outputs. Is there any way to be able to connect the Roland within the loop too?

Greatly appreciate any kind of help on this. Also if there is another way to do this and still be able to maintain the 4CM with the stereo effect with two cabinets and maybe one head, then I can try that too :)

The kind guys over at support helped me out with this! Here's how you do it:

Amp Send to the Input of the MFX

Out L/R of MFX to Input 2 of Axe FX

In other words the MFX goes between the amps fx loop and the Axe FX.

I wasn't going to suggest that, because you want the 4 cable method, which to me means, guitar into Axe FX input. Axe FX OUT 2 L/R into the front of each Rectifier amp, Rectifier effects loop send to Roland MFX in. MultiFX out back to Axe FX return (input 2). Axe FX output 1 L/R to the effect loop returns on each rectifier head.

With this method, your amp and the Roland MFX unit are inserted into your Axe FX preset signal chain where you drop the Effects Loop block. Therefore you can have Axe FX effects before the rectifier input (such as Wah, or drives, or compression), and also after the rectifier, such as reverb and delay.

You could also create presets that do not use the Effects loop, and in that case, you'd be using the Axe FX for its Amp simulations too, and using the POWER AMP section of the Rectifier only (via the effects loop returns on the amp that are plugged into the Axe FX Output 1).

If you like the idea of being able to bypass the preamps of the Rectifier so you can use the ones inside the axe fx, but you also never want to lose use of the Roland MFX, then put the Roland between the Axe FX main output 1, and the Rectifier Effects return. Now you can have the Rectifier preamp or bypass it, by including or excluding an Effects Loop block in your presets.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to suggest that, because you want the 4 cable method, which to me means, guitar into Axe FX input. Axe FX OUT 2 L/R into the front of each Rectifier amp, Rectifier effects loop send to Roland MFX in. MultiFX out back to Axe FX return (input 2). Axe FX output 1 L/R to the effect loop returns on each rectifier head.

With this method, your amp and the Roland MFX unit are inserted into your Axe FX preset signal chain where you drop the Effects Loop block. Therefore you can have Axe FX effects before the rectifier input (such as Wah, or drives, or compression), and also after the rectifier, such as reverb and delay.

You could also create presets that do not use the Effects loop, and in that case, you'd be using the Axe FX for its Amp simulations too, and using the POWER AMP section of the Rectifier only (via the effects loop returns on the amp that are plugged into the Axe FX Output 1).

If you like the idea of being able to bypass the preamps of the Rectifier so you can use the ones inside the axe fx, but you also never want to lose use of the Roland MFX, then put the Roland between the Axe FX main output 1, and the Rectifier Effects return. Now you can have the Rectifier preamp or bypass it, by including or excluding an Effects Loop block in your presets.

Thank you rodzimguitar68! Haha I'll have to draw this out for it to make any sense. I think I get it now though.

Back
Top Bottom