4CM with the Boss ES-5

Hanif666

I just finished assembling this and I'm in need of some help on how to hook up the FM3 with the four cable method.

I'm also planning to use this board on an Orange Rockerverb 50 mkIII to utilize the effects on the FM3.

If it's just the FM3, I'd have no issue on how to hook it up with 4CM to the amp but with the ES-5 in the picture, I'm getting kinda lost. Please share me your input.

Thanks a lot.

09a33e25-1cda-42c4-8475-eb30be266d20.jpg

The ES-5 has five loops. Try this:

1) FM3 pre-effects in one loop;

2) FM3 post-effects in another loop;

3) Rockerverb preamp in another loop.

That leaves you with two loops to serve three pedals. You decide which two pedals get their own loop and which one has to live permanently in one signal chain (I think the Drop and the Smart Gate are good candidates for permanent location).

The ES-5 has five loops. Try this:

1) FM3 pre-effects in one loop;

2) FM3 post-effects in another loop;

3) Rockerverb preamp in another loop.

That leaves you with two loops to serve three pedals. You decide which two pedals get their own loop and which one has to live permanently in one signal chain (I think the Drop and the Smart Gate are good candidates for permanent location).
This seems interesting. So FM3 pre would be input & send to 1 loop and FM3 post is return & output to another loop?

Ok this is getting confusing. Currently, I have it wired like this:

From the ES5:
Loop 1: Crybaby
Loop 2: Friedman Golden Pearl
Loop 3: Send to input of amp/return to send of amp
Loop 4: Send to input of FM3/return to output 2 of FM3
Loop 5: Dunlop DVP
Output: Return of amp

I plan to make this simpler by just using the FM3 for reverb, delay, modulation & etc. Everything works fine except when i turn on Loop 4 where the FM3 is and suddenly I get no sound from the amp. Help please.....

Back
Top Bottom