4CM with combo amp

crisgmusic

Inspired
Hi i have a mesa boogie blue angel 1x12 with an fx loop. How would i connect the axe fx 3 so i can use the effects AND amp models. Using the mesa boogie for just the speaker. I read the manual but shows setups WITHOUT and amp and cab block

just send Out 1 to the FX Loop return. you may want to turn of Power Amp Modeling (most prefer this, but try both ways), and definitely turn off Cab modeling in Setup > Global.

don't turn Out 1 all the way up on the front panel, turn up slowly, as an amp block in a preset can send a lot of signal out of the Axe. you'll have to balance the Out 1 axe volume and the amp's volumes.

or do you want 4 Cable Method AND use amp modeling all at the same time? if so you'll have to have some way to bypass the send to your Amp Instrument Input, since you don't want the real amp running back into the modeled amp.

can you clarify what you want?

send Out 1 to the FX Loop return. you may want to turn of Power Amp Modeling (most prefer this, but try both ways), and definitely turn off Cab modeling in Setup > Global.

don't turn Out 1 all the way up on the front panel, turn up slowly, as an amp block in a preset can send a lot of signal out of the Axe. you'll have to balance the Out 1 axe volume and the amp's volumes.
Thank you i appreciate you!!!

just send Out 1 to the FX Loop return. you may want to turn of Power Amp Modeling (most prefer this, but try both ways), and definitely turn off Cab modeling in Setup > Global.

or do you want 4 Cable Method AND use amp modeling all at the same time? if so you'll have to have some way to bypass the send to your Amp Instrument Input, since you don't want the real amp running back into the modeled amp.

can you clarify what you want?
I want to use the amp models. The mesa is a clean one channel amp only so i want to use the fractal

I want to use the amp models. The mesa is a clean one channel amp only so i want to use the fractal
i see. so yeah you'd just completely bypass the real amp's preamp, and just use the Power amp and speaker.

in that case it wouldn't be 4 cable method. you'd use the amp basically as a "powered speaker." so you just need one output from the Axe to the Power Amp In (Fx Loop Return) and that should be it.

again very important that you don't turn Out 1 on the Axe all the way up. go slowly until you find a good balance.

Back
Top Bottom