4CM - Two Amps help.

modman

I'm just doing a bit of playing around, and am trying to do a 4CM with two amps. (tube heads) Ive managed to get both heads running with effects from the AFX3 running both into the front of each amp and their effects loops.

The issue i'm getting is that when i change amp channels on Amp 1 the gain on the second amp seems to be affected. Is this because of the effect loop sends? I know the input and output blocks on the AFX3 are stereo but is there a way to use their Left and Right with out passing signal to the other amp?

My signal flow is Guitar > Input 1 of AFX3, Output 4 L into input head 1. Output 4 R into input head 2. Drives etc running straight onto the front of each amp.
Effects loops: Input 3 L into Amp 1 effects loop send, Input 3 R into Amp 2 effects loop send. Output 3 L into Amp 1 effects loop return, Output 3 R into Amp 2 effects loop return.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

could you upload a screenshot of your preset layout, or even better export and upload the preset here?

sounds like the Send from Amp 1 is mixing into the eventual Return to Amp 2 (and 1). sounds like those signals need to be panned at some point to keep them separated.

also fyi you can do something like this for more spaces for blocks:

Thanks for your help! I didn't even think to check my I/O settings. Turns out my Out 4 was sum L/R :expressionless:

Now onto midi programming and patch setup!
Thanks again!

Attachments

• Mesa Victory AFX3 4CM.jpg
    Mesa Victory AFX3 4CM.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom