So for routing the 4cm thru my real Marshall loop -
Guitar/ Ax8 in put
Axe 8 out put to front in put on Marshall head
Send/Return correctly routed and double checked thru Marshall loop

Grid lay out has pre effects by passed
FX loop activated and delay/reverb post activated
No sound..............

Axe 8 out put to front in put on Marshall head
if this is Out 1, then it is wrong, and so is the Send/Return.

make sure both Out 1 and FX Loop knobs are turned up

Guitar to AX8
AX8 Out 2 to Marshall guitar input
Marshall Loop Send to AX8 In 2
AX8 Out 1 to Marshall Loop Return
enable the Marshall Effects loop
place FX Loop block in a fully connected row in Layout

Hey Chris,
This did not work;
Guitar to AX8
AX8 Out 2 to Marshall guitar input
Marshall Loop Send to AX8 In 2
AX8 Out 1 to Marshall Loop Return
enable the Marshall Effects loop
place FX Loop block in a fully connected row in Layout

Double triple checked everything and the only sounds across all 4 ch's of my HJS Marshall head were the same -partially clean edge of break up tone

The head is already set up from using it with my Fx8 the past 9 months
Ideas?

Last edited:
got a pm that it isn't working.

you mentioned first that you had everything connected correctly. you did mention ax8 "output" went to the Marshall instrument input. did you correct that?

upload your preset.

are both volume knobs up on the top panel? is your effects loop turned on on the amp itself?

Double tripe checked everything in the exact order you listed.
As stated the Marshall Head is set up as I used it with my Fx8 for the past 8 months
Vol knobs up

Here is the 4cm pre set
Weird thing is with it -every time I load it up it shows in edit but the window on my Ax8 has blank shunts then as I go through and click each block exactly as you see them in the pre set it show up on my Fx8 window -why?

Attachments

• 4Cm.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Here is the 4cm pre set
Weird thing is with it -every time I load it up it shows in edit but the window on my Ax8 has blank shunts then as I go through and click each block exactly as you see them in the pre set it show up on my Fx8 window -why?

That preset won't load on my AX8 running v2.02. Peeking at it in a HEX editor shows it's 12951 bytes of all zeros, so it got corrupt somewhere in the process.

try a basic preset from scratch, so brand new
guitar to axe front input
out 2 left to amp in front input
amp FX send to axe in 2 left
axe out 1 to amp FX return
FXL block engaged in preset
make sure out 2 is UP full and out 1 to taste (halfway)
MAKE sure the effects loop on your amp is actually enabled. does it have a switch?

The pre set shared was brand new.
The thread states twice the Marshal is set exactly how I used it with my FX8 for the past 7 months -hence my frustration.
@Rexxyboy when you say OP 2 are you talking about the knob on top the Ax8 or in the Fx Loop block?
Thanks for your help!

The pre set shared was brand new.
The thread states twice the Marshal is set exactly how I used it with my FX8 for the past 7 months -hence my frustration.
@Rexxyboy when you say OP 2 are you talking about the knob on top the Ax8 or in the Fx Loop block?
Thanks for your help!

The physical knobs on top of the AX8. Out 2 should be all the way up for unity gain into the front of the amp. Out 1 serves as your master volume.

The FX Loop block can be left default settings (just engage it).

Can you try reuploading your preset?

Knobs are the same as with all my working pre sets (not with Fx loop)
In the 4cm pre set the Fx loop block is engaged and set to default parameters

Tonight I will re create then re up load the pre set. Thanks for chiming in fellas !

Knobs are the same as with all my working pre sets (not with Fx loop)
In the 4cm pre set the Fx loop block is engaged and set to default parameters

Tonight I will re create then re up load the pre set. Thanks for chiming in fellas !

The difference is, you don't need the physical Out 2 in a normal preset, because there is no FX Loop block. So your sound is going straight into the FX Return / Power amp of your amp from Out 1. If Out 2 wasn't turned up, regular presets would be heard, but 4CM / FX Loop Block presets would be silent.

The other difference in this situation is that the FX8 had no output knobs to deal with, both outputs are always at unity gain.

Back
Top Bottom