4cm help please

Hi there, I'm have hooked up my axe 2 to my head for shits and giggles. My question is a bit hard to explain but I will give it ago. I have set it up as outlined in the manual and all good getting sound. My question is how should I set the the front outputs and levels in general? Also the signal on the right is lower than on the left. One last thing. When I turn the output knows on the front there is this noise like a farty while I turn the knobs.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated

All the problems I had with 4cm were fixed when I set both output knobs to max. This makes the gain uniform

Taken from wiki

Unity gain

To obtain unity gain (input level = output level), set the Output Level knobs to maximum. If you would then fill the grid with shunts you'll get exactly the same signal which you put in. This is different from the Standard/Ultra which are louder than unity gain.
Unity gain is only useful when using the Axe-Fx II in a 4CM setup! In other scenarios there's no reason to crank the Output Level knobs by default.
Cliff: "Unity gain mode is a special mode designed for use with the 4CM. When you turn the output levels all the way up whatever you put in you get out (assuming all unity-gain blocks in the chain). If you have an amp block in the chain then you have tons of gain and therefore no longer have unity gain." Source
Cliff: "With the Axe-Fx volume all the way up you would be pushing +20 dBu into the amp which could clip the inputs to the amp. Unity gain mode is only desirable for 4-cable-method."

Back
Top Bottom