48k problem

GBminA

I use logic pro x.
Why cannot i use 44.1k in my DAW or is it possible i wonder?
Because a lot of audio file has been created in 44.1k and when i import it into my project, sound changes because i have to use 48k in my DAW.
How can i prevent it?

You can convert the files to 48k. I dont know if your DAW can to that, but Cubase can.
Im sure you can find some free software to convert your files from 44.1 to 48.

The Axe is locked to 48kHz.

Solutions for projects different from that sample rate::
1) Use Analog I/O`s
2) Use a additional digital (sample) Converter
3) Convert the project to 48kHz first

I use logic pro x.
Because a lot of audio file has been created in 44.1k and when i import it into my project, sound changes because i have to use 48k in my DAW.
How can i prevent it?

The Axe Fx is 48k only.
Just create a project in 48k in Logic X and drag the audio files into the project, they will be converted to 48k.
When your project is done you can convert it to 44.1k if you want to. Easy.

i record DIRECT using the XLR out's, no samplerate hassle (it IS big hassle)

good luck when reamping, the 48 khz lock makes it pretty unusable for me...

I use 48kHz since i record digital (back to 1996 i think...) ... never seen or heard the advantages using higher resolutions, otherwise producing a lot of data for ... nothing (me personally). The Axe runs via SPDIF in my DAW environment. No issues here. Works like a charm ...

I use logic pro x.
How can i prevent it?

You can use aggregate device.
How to combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device

with aggregate device you can mix Devices different types and use it in any Daw you like...
...and then use LogicX in 44.1kHz.

But well i also record always in 48kHz.
Just use the Drag & Drop method.... works like charm...

I use a small format mixer that has USB capability, so I go analog out from the Axe FX. Many of my presets are pushing 90% CPU so the little extra the USB adds causes crackles from CPU overload. I am not noticing any quality difference. Also I don't have problems with any VSTs such as superior drummer when using 44.1k

Either use the analog outs of your AxeFX II, or, while in your 44.1 session, samplerate conversion on your files to 48k, then import into a new session set to record at 48k...

EASIEST solution, is to either use the analog outputs, or start your sessions at 48k if you anticipate using the AxeFX digitally...

Back
Top Bottom