44.1 or 48000 or 96000 ir pack..Fractal folder or 48k folder

vejichan

Inspired
question. I have some 3rd party ir packs. I know now that fractal is 48k 24bit. But why do the ir pack have folders labeled fractal, helix and 48k 24bit? i mean its technically the same 48k wave files in 3 separate folders? so to clarify i can use either the fractal, helix and 48k 24bit files with axefx right? they are the same?

There are different sample rates to accommodate different modelers. If you’re using a Fractal device, use the 48k folder since Fractal units utilize 48k files. A Helix also uses 48k files, so that folder is appropriate for that modeler as well. A Strymon Iridium only accepts 96k files, so people with that unit will use the 96k files. A Kemper or Mooer unit uses 44.1k files. Just use the sample rate recommended for your modeler and you’re good to go.

Thank you for your help. but these files do take up storage space. Should i have 3 folders (48k 24bit folder, Helix folder and Fractal folder) for all my ir packs?

Thank you for your help. but these files do take up storage space. Should i have 3 folders (48k 24bit folder, Helix folder and Fractal folder) for all my ir packs?
I would highly recommend saving a copy of your Cab Packs with all sample rates on an external drive or thumb drive in case you ever need access to different sample rates in the future.

If you’re only using Fractal/Helix, then just keep the 48k folder from each Cab Pack on your main drive to save space.

Back
Top Bottom